Tasty Cheese Alternative

Posted by rabbit on Aug 22, 2012

Nutritional yeast has a nutty, cheesy flavor which is exquisite in many different recipes. I am vegan, so I use it mainly as a cheese flavor replacement. I use it to make a variety of vegan cheeses, alfredo sauce, cream of broccoli soup, au gratin potatoes, scalloped potatoes, cheesy mashed potatoes, and many other recipes. Nutritional yeast is also a great way to get a wide variety of essential vitamins through your food. After eating it, my urine is always bright yellow and I feel great. As of this writing, the KAL brand, which iHerb also stocks, offers a better deal for the money and tastes just as good, if not better than this or any other brand I've tried.

Really good taste

Posted by Reviewer3010632 on Aug 19, 2012

Very good quality and a very practical box

yeast

Posted by ling76 on Aug 13, 2012

not really what I was expecting, taste and smell wierd. not like cheese.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2688267 on Jul 31, 2012

Being dairy-intolerant I bought this as a substitute for cheese. It tastes nothing like cheese, and gave me severe stomack-pains and bloating. Never again.

As good as any

Posted by Krystall on Jul 30, 2012

Little, yellow flakes with health benefits. I acidentally ordered two of these, they are huge and now I will have nutritional yeast forever! Nutritional yeast has kind of a cheese-flavor, and I use it as an additive in cooking.

Delicious! Be here NOW!

Posted by Reviewer1437520 on Jun 28, 2012

Tried to get a different one, but iHerb was out of stock on them, so I tried this one. Very nice. delicious taste and nice size flakes (not powdery). Excellent quality. I notice i use less amounts of this one, as it has such a nice taste I don't need more. Love it. I'd get it again. Be here NOW!

Great

Posted by danielledonohue on Jun 19, 2012

My kids love this stuff!!! Every time I make spaghetti I use this instead of cheese, and they always want more and more! I love how healthy it is and how full of protein and B vitamins it is. Wish it was organic, but like how it is non-gmo.

No more fatty cheese for me!

Posted by charlottemsk on Jun 17, 2012

Tastes weird, in a good, cheese-ish way. I sprinkle them on salads, use them in soups and have them on pizza. Perfect.

LOVE THESE

Posted by Reviewer2609963 on Jun 10, 2012

I used these yeast flakes while alleviating Candida, and have continued to use them daily because I enjoy them so much.

Now Foods, Nutritional Yeast Flakes

Posted by 5548047401522601074 on May 14, 2012

I am happy with this product. Pleasant taste. Good value.