Allergy

Posted by Reviewer1121460 on May 08, 2011

My experience with this product is VERY negative, I'm afraid. I've been using Omega 3 (from a variety of sources) for many years, and 3 days after starting this product I broke out in hives all over my face. Stopped it for a week and it cleared up. Started up again with the same result. I then tested the product for allergy following the rules of a regular skin test with the same result. Therefore, I'm sitting with 4 containers of product which is totally inappropriate for me. I suspect that the product was either not tested /assayed for allergens, or that an inferior / contaminated Omega 3 was used to produce it. I do not buy the advertisement that is was "Molecularly Distilled". This statement must be untrue. Thank you for asking me for feedback.

Extremely disappointed

Posted by Reviewer1406448 on Nov 08, 2012

There's something really wrong with this product: I have symptoms of diarrhea in 30 minutes after taking one, followed by stomach cramps for the next three hours. This does not happen with any other fish oil/omega 3 product. Horrible.

Great trusted brand, high quality and low cost product.

Posted by supplementknowledge on Jun 22, 2015

I use fish oil all year round, as an auxiliary mean ''stacked with other supplements'', to reduce the muscle soreness induced by my training routine and for the anti-inflammatory effects on my chronic training injuries. I prefer Now Foods, Omega-3 oil because it is free of potentially harmful levels of contaminants (mercury, heavy metals, etc…) and it has very good price. I take 6 softgels per day, in three divided doses. To eliminate the "fish burp" taste, I refrigerate the Omega-3 oil and take it with meal. You can combine it with Vitamin E, D3 but not with linoleic acid and arachidonic acid. Reduce the dose to the minimum or cease it if you are under blood-thinning medications treatment. For more reviews click on my username! Let me know if this review was helpful by pressing the 'yes' button.

Excellent

Posted by alvinlky on Jan 22, 2016

Excellent Quality product at an economical price, This product and comes from a Company, I have trusted for years.

Too Fishy tasting

Posted by Reviewer2260564 on Jan 28, 2010

I couldn't handle the constant belching of the nasty taste of fish. I stopped taking the Now Foods brand Omega 3 and purchased another brand that has no fishy after taste.

Good

Posted by Aussie-girl on Mar 03, 2011

This is a really good product at a very good price. Much cheaper than other brands. The only drawback is a fishy after-taste for a short while.

Best value

Posted by Reviewer3183100 on Dec 21, 2010

The best value for your money that I've been able to find. Molecularly distilled is all you really need, pharmaceutical grade doesn't offer any real advantages. Price per gram is excellent. No fishy burps when taken with a meal. Size, while large, is not a problem at all.

they work!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1540823 on Apr 13, 2010

I bought these for my dog and her paws are already improving - much softer :) and I take them sometimes too (I personally prefere whole food omega 3 => flaxseeds but if or when I want fish omega3 these are not bad really :)

Omega-riffic

Posted by Reviewer2434555 on Apr 04, 2010

All good product..still has a slight fishy smell but very illusive. Good stuff!

The good ol days: One year ago this cost $18.77 and did not smell of old fish.

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Mar 30, 2014

Doctor said I have to take omega 3. I used to like ordering this oil, because it is a huge bottle and used to be cheap. My last bottle cost $18.77 at iHerb. Now the price has risen once again and is $23.58. I noticed that this brand sometimes has a rancid taste, which the other brands don't have. So, for a few dollars more it might be worth getting the other kind now... especially as the price is getting closer and closer to the real luxury brands.