• Customer Ratings

Not Raw!

Posted by Reviewer2963514 on Mar 17, 2015

These sunflower seeds are nice, but they are not raw! I tried sprouting them and they just go dark. My guess they came from China where they were steam treated. If the meaning of raw is not cooked, than it is fine, but they are not suitable for raw diet / sprouting. So packaging is misleading. Very disappointing. :(

Calif.

Posted by Reviewer1653664 on Jan 19, 2010

I soak these is salted water overnight, drain and resalt them and dehydrate them for a few hours on low heat and they are crispy and very fun and healthy to eat. The soaking removes the phytic acid found all grains and nuts. It is a substance that keep us from absorbing iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc.

Organic Sunflower Seeds

Posted by Sprinkles on Mar 25, 2010

Excellent product! Extremely healthy. Just what raw sunflower seeds should be! We put these on salads and also use them in our morning breakfast shake (and alternate days with pumpkin, sesame, flax, or chia seeds): In a quart mason jar, put 2 to 4 raw organic eggs, 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1/4 can coconut milk, 1 tsp. psyllium husks powder, and 1 Tbsp. of the above seeds, then fill in with some water and use the hand blender. DELICIOUS and filling! A definite plus that these are ORGANIC!

Good for sprouting

Posted by honestreviews1 on Apr 13, 2013

Good for sprouting. It's also very interesting for my kids how it sprouts.

Terrific Organic Sunflower Seeds. See offers, more in my profile

Posted by HerbalGarden on Sep 02, 2013

Organic, natural, and big bag. These seeds are unsalted and are good for meals, yogurt, cereal, smoothies or recipes, or for healthy snacking out of the bag. Good buy.

ok, lots of yellowish seeds though

Posted by 4883388839584268090 on Jul 11, 2013

These are alright. I've never seen such tiny, thin sunflower seeds before, so I don't know what that's about. Also there are A LOT of discolored seeds-yellow or yellowish that taste a little off. Thought maybe my first bag was a freak, but every bag I've ordered has many off-colored, funky tasting seeds that should have been picked out, so I would definitely say quality control is lacking. I have the exact same problem with Now's pumpkin seeds, soooo.... Think I'll give up with this brand and try a different organic one for comparison. Can't say i would recommend this product.

Easy to eat and use in salads and to make tahini

Posted by LantauMama on Jun 24, 2013

We like all of the Now Foods organic salt free and raw nuts and seeds! We use these for snacking, on salads, in recipes and just throw in the blender to make tahini! They are good for snacking too, but they really are magic in the blender instead of tahini.

Great Product!

Posted by Danil35 on Sep 05, 2013

I love these sunflower seeds. I bake with them, put them over yoghurt or just eat them out of the packet!!!

Wonderful seeds!!!

Posted by AnnieAppleseed on Apr 12, 2013

Wonderful seeds, wonderful quality, quantity as well as price!!! I like these better than the ones from the health food store! No kidding!!! :D

These are organic, too!

Posted by Charybdis on Aug 30, 2012

I'm on a budget, so I cannot always afford organic foods. However, these sunflower seeds are such a good price that anyone who eats sunflower seeds can afford to make the organic upgrade. I use them in baking, and sometimes I roast them in the oven myself. They are a great deal, and they taste great. So far, I've not even found any shell fragments in the nuts.