• Customer Ratings

Inconsistent quality

Posted by Reviewer1667957 on Sep 07, 2012

I would have written a glowing review of these up until a few days ago when I opened the most recent bags I had ordered. I have been buying these for many months, and I was so impressed with the freshness. I agree with another reviewer that they are much fresher tasting than those in bulk bins, and I even found them to be fresher than the Whole Foods store brand. However, the two bags I most recently received are inedible. All of the walnuts are dark brown, and some show signs of mold. I would like to purchase more of these, but I hesitate based on my most recent experience.

Has become inedible

Posted by Reviewer2597982 on Nov 03, 2012

The two bags I have bought this autumn have been bitter, rancid and inedible, and I had to throw them away. For years this brand always had excellent quality, but there's something wrong now.

Not fresh

Posted by Reviewer1259171 on Sep 29, 2012

These walnuts did not taste fresh. I suppose you get what you pay for.

Update to Review: "High quality fresh organic walnuts" on Jan 3, 2013

Posted by Reviewer1689881 on Jan 03, 2013

***Original Comment: Mostly halves, few peices, very fresh. Best organic walnuts I have found.***Updated Comment from Jan 3, 2013: This applies to lot # 1526225A, Best By 10/2013. These walnuts are not quite as fresh as I have received in the past. However, they are still of good quality, as good as other organic brands I have tried, they still look good, I do not see any mold, and are still mostly halves. I'll bet they were excellent when they were fresh. I'm going to toast these with a little maple syrup to use on my salads, since they are not quite as enjoyable to eat as they are. I feel sad for the grower, it appears they did their part right. Maybe someone along the supply chain accidentally forgot to rotate their stock, or didn't refrigerate them properly. That is how it appears to me. I would suggest that anyone else with a bad experience post their lot numbers for reference. I have temporarily modified my rating from five stars down to three. Will gladly modify it back to five if the quality issues are resolved by the next time I order these walnuts.

Now Foods, Walnuts, Certified Organic, 12 oz

Posted by Reviewer2391286 on Jun 07, 2008

These were OK, but did not taste organic. Had a slight bitter taste and lacked the sweetness I've come to associate with organic walnuts.

Love these!

Posted by Reviewer3074368 on Mar 26, 2010

Great FRESH organic walnuts at an excellent price. We find these to be much fresher than the bulk bin organic walnuts at our local store. These bags have enough internal air that it pads the nuts from too much damage meaning more whole pieces rather than the broken pieces in the bins. Bag after bag (we eat a lot of these), these NOW packaged walnuts continue to impress us with their freshness and quality control giving you the best available organic walnuts. Yum! In fact, I just ordered the organic raw sunflower seeds to try since I've not been happy with local bulk bin quality.

Fresh

Posted by Reviewer2478642 on Dec 27, 2009

These tasted really fresh and I will order them again.

Will order again

Posted by Reviewer2018248 on Feb 25, 2009

Very fresh

Fresh and Tasty Organic Walnuts

Posted by Reviewer3008771 on Feb 10, 2011

The Now Foods certified organic walnuts I received were fresh and tasty. I had never bought this brand before or any other brand of organic walnuts. I have bought regular generic walnuts from Publix supermarket. I can't say that I noticed a difference in taste between these organic ones and the non-organic ones, but I do like the fact these are organic. I prefer to keep pesticides out of my diet whenever I can afford to.

Posted by Reviewer3050558 on Feb 28, 2011

Fresh, delicious, good price. Can't ask for more! Will continue to order.