Now Foods, Real Food, White Chia Seed, 1 lb (454 g)

Full of dirt

Posted by 4707880978385483830 on Nov 25, 2012

i LOVE chia seeds and eat them all the time. I had to order these as my staple brand was out of stock for months. I got 2 bags of these and I've only been able to choke down half of 1 bag because they are so gritty/sandy/full of dirt. Quality Control missed the boat on these. I'm afraid to eat these now since I never know what bite will be a tooth crunching surprise. So disgusting! Waste of money

Love, love, love this stuff!

Posted by patehosplace on Aug 05, 2009

Excellent for heavy workouts and stamina is needed. I put two teaspoons in a glass of distilled water and let it sit for fifteen minutes. The seeds soak up all the water and have the consistency of jello. Sip it all day! No flavor, mix with fruit in the morning for a smoothie, put leftover in fridge and voila! A fruit jello that is packed full of vitamins, anti oxidants, omega 3+6 etc. etc.! Amazing miracle food!

So much soil and dirt in my chia seeds!

Posted by 5545428765654329546 on Nov 07, 2013

I trust Now Foods most of the time, but like the reviewer below, I found so much dirt in my pack. I usually mix them into my smoothies and oatmeal, so I didn't realise the amount of soil in this until my mum showed it to me because. You can see them clearly because she soaks hers in water and all the dirt sinks to the bottom. And it's A LOT of black soil, not kidding...it's disgusting knowing how much of it I've ingested. Now I'm not too sure what to do with my 2nd pack.

Good deal!

Posted by Reviewer1886198 on May 20, 2009

I had read about Salba, but you have to order from the manufacturer, and nowhere around where I live carries it. Of course they want you to commit to auto shipping to get a better deal, but it's not as good as iherb.com's price. We add to smoothies, oatmeal, soup, whatever. It really has no flavor. Sometimes I add to water. Whatever you add it to it makes it thick, because there is a natural gel coating on the seeds that absorbs water and keeps you from being hungry as soon as usual.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2830812 on Nov 27, 2012

I grind these in a coffee grinder and as a result have seeds which are delicious and very useable. I only use about 2 tablespoons a day or a little less and it is a great help with the IBS symptoms. They are tasteless and when ground (which is very easy to do) have a nice texture. I usually mix with my Keefer but also can mix with simply anything.