• Reviews | English

Blanco Salvia White Chia Seeds, Great Price!!!

Posted by Reviewer2298049 on Jul 04, 2010

Wow great price!!! Leave it to NOW to make the price more affordable. An 1lb bag of Salba brand white chia is between $20-$25 in Canada. This is one of the best food sources to keep you regular (high in both types of fiber, so forget the Psyllium) and it's loaded with very important nutrients including more omega 3 than flax seed, minerals, vitamins, proteins, and anti-oxidants. You don't have to grind the seeds like flax, but if I don't grind them I find they just pass through undigested. I also prefer the smoother texture of the grinded seeds when I mix with liquids. I also read some where that you should grind them to release more of the important nutrients. I just used a cheap coffee grinder to grind the seeds. ( don't use the same one for coffee) I now add 3-5 heaping teaspoons of grinded chia a day to my diet. I mix it in my morning greens drink, freshly juiced vegetable juices, oatmeal and yogurt. Great in turkey meat loaf instead of bread crumbs.I also like to make lemon chia frescas. Mix a teaspoon of chia in a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade sweeten with stevia (I use NuStevia White Stevia Powder also purchased here) After a few weeks of taking chia you'll defintely noticed an improvement in your overall health. You will definitely be more regular, and you'll have more energy.

I haven't had any issues with the product as yet, and I've been using it for over a year :)

Posted by 4873871394613260178 on Jun 21, 2016

I personally recommend this product. Some reviews I read said that there was sand in the container. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who haven't had any problems as yet!!!

Super Food! Super price.

Posted by Reviewer2435321 on Oct 03, 2012

Can't beat this price or the effects of this stuff on our health. We keep a chia gel in our fridge and add it to about everything our kids eat. Our 4 year old hasn't been sick in 2 years since we started.

no dirt at all and great price

Posted by 5030993488487774426 on Jul 01, 2016

great quality, good price. there a lot of bad reviews about this product but looks like they have improved

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2830812 on Nov 27, 2012

I grind these in a coffee grinder and as a result have seeds which are delicious and very useable. I only use about 2 tablespoons a day or a little less and it is a great help with the IBS symptoms. They are tasteless and when ground (which is very easy to do) have a nice texture. I usually mix with my Keefer but also can mix with simply anything.

Good product, and decent price.

Posted by 5213436142817720329 on May 18, 2016

These chia seeds are great, I like them quite a lot. The packaging keeps them fresh, and they have a subtle but good flavor. Will definitely be ordering more.

Tastes Great! From Northwestern NC

Posted by Reviewer1645012 on Dec 22, 2008

Very nice alternate to Flax seeds, and from what I read lasts much longer (5 years) without refrigeration.

'Husks' present

Posted by 5535338423176274373 on Dec 13, 2015

Compared to the Raw Chia Seeds with a mixture of black and white Chia seeds which I bought previously, this packet of White Chia Seeds have a lot more 'husks' like thing which remains in the mouth after chewing the seeds. I prefer the Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds.

i like it same nutrition of other colour chia seed

Posted by 4941250589964205566 on May 22, 2016

Cheap and healthy, same nutrition with black one

great

Posted by 4723105938361988794 on May 24, 2016

With this product I was more than satisfied.