Now Foods, Silymarin, Milk Thistle Extract, 150 mg, 120 Vcaps

Liver support for my dog

Posted by ijamesmurphy From Australia on Aug 30, 2012

My dog has some mast cell tumours, and I give her prednisone to help keep the inflammation down, but long-term use of this steroid can damage the liver, so I'm giving her the Silymarin to help keep her liver healthy. The 150mg tablet size is perfect for my 19kg dog, I give her one with breakfast, and another with dinner. I use a lot of Now Foods supplements for my dog, and it's much cheaper than buying the products specifically made for animals.

Silymarin and Curcumin

Posted by ZlatinVal From Bulgaria on Aug 19, 2012

The combination of Milk Thistle with Turmeric is far more protective than two herbs separately. Be careful because Milk thistle can lower blood sugar and must be used with caution if you have sever hypoglycemia. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Note: If you plan to use these herbs in long term make sure you have artichoke to alternate the herbs.

excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2750099 From Indiana on Mar 02, 2008

Using this for my 8 year old standard poodle who has chronic hepatitus. So can only speak for the improvment I have seen in her since beginning use of this. Dissolves easily...important for administering

Best Gift ive brought my grandmother

Posted by Reviewer2358523 From Missouri on May 07, 2010

I don't take it but my grandmother feels GREAT! I'm not to sure what she feels but you can tell that she does! She said its the best gift she has ever receive

LOve IT

Posted by Reviewer2371998 From Virginia on Feb 10, 2010

I use this every other mouth to detox my liver my eyes are clear and my energy level is much better