Excellent value and effectiveness

Posted by Reviewer1889787 on Nov 28, 2008

For my personally, besides taking it on a regular basis for liver protection, I give it to my 14 year old to control acne (which is often caused by the hormones overloading the liver) and I myself take it in increased amount whenever I have shoulder pain. Here's the blurb where I describe it on my website: Excellent value for double strength silymarin combined with dandelion root and artichoke extract. Now also makes a 1x Silymarin extract called Now Silymarin which contains silymarin in a base of turmeric powder and is also an excellent silymarin combination when taken in small amounts (up to double recommended) since too much turmeric powder can causing a burning sensation. Now Silymarin 2x contains no "hot" herbs in it though so can be taken in large amounts if necessary. Besides cleaning the liver of all manner of toxins, silymarin protects it, too. One of the first clinical studies on its properties was conducted on rats where half were fed silymarin then all of them were fed deathcap mushrooms. All the ones who had silymarin lived while all the ones without it died. Even so, it is not recommended to test silymarin's protective effects by eating poisons which are toxic to the liver!

Silymarin - good for the liver

Posted by Reviewer3101973 on Jun 28, 2012

This product helps my liver a lot. I have had long term detoxification issues and they have improved significantly. It has helped clear up my brain fog, headaches, food intolerances, candida issues and constipation. Clearer skin is an added bonus. I like the high dose of silymarin extract as well as the fact that it also has dandelion and artichoke. The price from iHerb is good too. It is important to drink plenty of water when taking it (2-3 liters/day minimum) Other things I have found helpful for my liver are daily Heritage Products organic castor oil packs, Eclectic Institute Vita Lipotropic, digestive enzymes, warm water with lemon juice first thing in the morning, colon hydrotherapy as well as minimizing my consumption of animal protein.

Good for high liver enzymes

Posted by Reviewer3351482 on Jul 13, 2009

my doctor told me i had fatty liver and my enzymes were high. I began taking milk thistle and could tell immediate results of having a smaller abdomen, less fluid retention in the right abdomen and relief from back ache and pressure from gas in the stomach. 6 months later my liver function tests are almost normal!!. I look forward to getting the results of my next liver function tests because I keep feeling better and keep taking milk thistle. I do not have any side effects from milk thistle at all.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1233631 on Jan 08, 2010

I have been taking Silymarin for fatty liver for several years and this product along with Choline complex has kept my liver enzymes down and my liver ultrasounds show an improvement as well.

This is the solution for acne OK??? (Well :) for MY acne).

Posted by 5697209647531867011 on Aug 29, 2015

I'll be 27 in October. My face is 99.99% clear for the first time in about five years. I wish I had known about this a long time ago. I have a methodology about taking supplements, but try it at your own risk. Be careful with your own body's tolerances. Your liver does it's job at night. I take the full daily amount at night before I go to bed. It made it work faster. "Side effects" : I have had some flatulence and slight breast enlargement from this product, but to me, they are worth not getting any more cystic scars. Also, these effects are not as bad as the ones I got from antibiotics. I know this isn't on topic, but I get a degree of fast healing from an occasional "larger" dose of Zinc Picolinate too. DO NOT DO THIS OFTEN BECAUSE YOU CAN GET ZINC POISONING.

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer3090804 on Feb 20, 2012

Makes you pee all the bad stuff out in the morning. But seriously, I've had some hard out drinking sessions and have loaded up with 2-3 of these before sleep. The hangover is much cleaner and the kidney pain disapates quicker over the day.

Excellent Silymarin

Posted by Reviewer2446165 on Oct 13, 2009

I have been using this extra strength silymarin to aid detox from estrogens, environmental chemicals, and general toxin exposure that occurs everyday. I noticed that if I take it daily for 1-2 weeks before my menstrual cycle, I have no PMS or cramps! I'll be using this silymarin for as long as NOW makes it.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2032356 on Nov 05, 2010

Love this product, only starting taking this product after 2 days i feel much much better. thank you

amazing

Posted by Reviewer1124792 on Sep 11, 2011

after 6 months of taking this product my liver enzymeswent from 70 down to 40, yay!

Excellent for the Liver

Posted by 5698323975356349324 on Apr 12, 2016

I had a swollen liver and backed up gallbladder. I took different herbs, mainly Herb Pharm's Stone Breaker formula (AMAZING) and Chanca Piedra to clear up my gallbladder and Now Foods' Double Strength Silymarin. I took the stone breaking herbs for about three weeks before starting on my liver cleanse. My chronic, moderate gallbladder was reduced in three days and 70% gone by three weeks. At this time I started into Now Foods' Silymarin. Right away (40 minutes or so) I could hear my liver gurgling a bit and within two days my swollen liver of the past seven or so months was greatly reduced in size. Fast forward to the end of the bottle, my liver seemed to be fully back to normal, my energy levels were up by about 30% compared to before and my chronic back ache that was there for years was gone, gone, GONE. I could also again eat peanuts again for the first time in years without getting a HUGE, live 300 to 700 pimple outbreak on my back. As is, I use peanuts as my liver test. If I eat a bag and I get the odd pimple, it's time to go back and use Silymarin and other herbs to clean things up again.