Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Solutions, Xyli-White Toothpaste Gel, Refreshmint, 6.4 oz (181 g)

Reviews 1-star

Don't waste money buying this product!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

The toothpaste is reasonably priced for its size. With Xylitol (for the sweet taste) and its cool minty taste, the toothpaste seems like an ideal choice for those who want to avoid any sodium fluoride or sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) in their toothpaste while whitening their teeth. The toothpaste uses two agents for whitening, papain and hydrated silica. Papain does not help much in whitening. Hydrated silica is used as abrasive and basically used to "shrub" off the top layer of the tooth in order to achieve its whitening effect. It's like using sandpaper to clean your teeth. It damages your enamels and makes it very sensitive. That's why most of the 1 star review is about sensitive tooth! In addition, the toothpaste contains potasium sorbate, a preservative known to cause allergic reaction and sodium coco sulfate. Sodium coco sulfate has the exact same chemical structure as SLS. So much for being SLS free! Personal experience - I have sensitive teeth and it seems worse. I will not use this again. Check out my page for more reviews!

Great toothpaste

Posted by honestreviews1 on Apr 23, 2013

This is a great toothpaste. Giving it only 4 stars as I wish it has more peppermint (but that has nothing to do the the performance of this product as a toothpaste). Update on April 2013 - Changed my mind. This is a crappy toothpaste. After using this for sometime, my teeth became sensitive! Not again.

Stay Away!

Posted by EdiblyOrganic on Sep 05, 2013

I DID love this toothpaste, because within two weeks I could see a that my teeth were definitely whiter! That was until months later, when I found that it was stripping the enamel off of my teeth!!i I've never had sensitive teeth, but after using this toothpaste I do. Now, whenever I eat cold. hot or crunchy things I suffer!! If my review has been helpful to you, please kindly click on the 'yes' link down below. ;)

not safe for breastfeeding and pregnant women

Posted by Reviewer2769965 on Jan 09, 2012

toothpaste ok, helped gums but not tooth enamel (actually was quite bad for my tooth enamel). should not be used for breastfeeding or during pregnancy as it has menthol and tea tree oil. I wish the package had a warning somewhere.

Made teeth sensitive

Posted by Reviewer3018124 on Oct 20, 2011

This toothpaste made both mine and my wife's teeth very sensitive. Don't know if we received a bad batch but we would never use it again.