Now Foods, Taurine, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Reviews 1-star

Caution, bad product

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Jul 25, 2012

I and my husband were using it and it is worst thing we have ever taken. I supposed to lose weight during my workouts, improve heart rates, but I gain weight!!! So I gave it to my husband, because he want to gain weight, muscles. He just started and after few times taking it, during his workout he felt very tired, his legs and heart were very tired. Something wrong is with that product. Beware, do not buy. And the most important thing is that we were taking only 2 capsules every other day. Not the whole dose, not 4 capsules each day. So it is very potential and can cause you harm even in small doses. I guess I must write Now Foods about it, because it is not first time when their products are bad. Tribulus from that brand caused serious aggression to my man :(

I had a horrible reaction to this, was down for 1 entire week

Posted by PurplePegasus on Mar 26, 2012

I bought this because I have severe hypoadrenalism: low aldosterone levels cause hyponatremia and I often wake up with pressure in the brain and back aches. (Hyponatremia can cause brain swelling). This was supposed to balance sodium levels but alas 1 pill knocked me out for an entire week. I took this along with P5P and I ended up feeling drugged up and out of it for so long I was afraid not to come out of it. In the past I have had the same problem with Tyrosine and Glutamine. The problem might be my impaired liver which cannot metabolize these amino acids. I had hoped this could heal a huge health problem but instead it made me so much worse I thought I was never going to recover.

Caused racing heart rate.

Posted by Reviewer1127486 on Oct 06, 2008

After taking Taurine a few days my heart began racing 24/7. This stopped after discontinuing the product. Some have suggested to me that it might be the gelatin capsule itself not the powder within but I can't take the chance of trying just the powder.

New to me

Posted by Reviewer2675617 on Feb 19, 2009

Not much to say but I do like and trust NOW Foods.