Nice enough but the black soap seems to work and smell better

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013

I usually order http://www.iherb.com/Nubian-Heritage-African-Black-Soap-Bar-5-oz-141-g/11242 but tried this for a change. It smells nice but I just feel like I am using more to get clean with this variety. The mango smell isn't really mango-ish either but it's still I nice soap I just prefer the Black African variety. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

The best soap!

Posted by larchik1979 on Apr 27, 2012

This is the best soap of all, what I enjoyed. Previously, I had a Black African soap. But this is better. It has a yellow color with chunks of corn grits. It smells sweet, the dough for baking a cake. Person after it is clean, creaks. Pores and wrinkles are reduced. I use it morning and night. Excellent results, highly recommend!

not for me

Posted by Reviewer2985493 on Oct 26, 2009

this soap has a great smell but it made me itch all over so i had to stop using it.

I sense chemicals

Posted by Reviewer3357587 on Apr 24, 2014

You just have my word for it, but with my MCS I can sense chemicals in products and according to my senses, this has chemical(s). No where on the label does it show any type of chemical except possibly under 'Natural' fragrance and we know 'natural' is a suspect word. It's not as bad as the average soap which blasts me with chemicals, then fragrance. This has a nice scent first, then an 'after-smell' of chemicals. The mango/orange scent doesn't seem natural to me, it smells really good, but I wonder if it would be that strong if it were natural. So I'm guessing the fragrance is not natural. When it arrived it was a box full of other items I ordered and when I opened the box a huge whiff of chemicals came out even though the soap was packaged in a plastic bag. Even after I took the soap out of the plastic bag, the plastic bag smelled like chemicals. Anyway, dismiss me as an oversensitive kook, or be warned that there are chemicals in this soap. :)

surprising smell

Posted by Elena1280324 on Jun 30, 2012

Universal product. Smell divine. My daughter tasted it, it very much is pleasant to it :-) Gently, delicately looks after skin and hair. The smell improves mood. As though in a bathroom there is fresh fruit.

Great Scent!

Posted by Reviewer2124949 on Apr 01, 2009

This saop smells great,and the lather is luxurius! It really softens the skin. I have really sensitive skin,and i can say this soap is really mild.I will defiantly purchase again. Iherb is the best,with amzing service.

Favorite Soap!

Posted by Reviewer3232858 on Jan 07, 2009

Love this soap, very moisturizing and smells yummy! I've actually got several people with dry skin to start using it also.

Sensitive skin, then you can try at summer

Posted by 5707674052918144737 on Sep 27, 2015

Soap smell mango flavor, I rarely use soap to bathe, to try to use the more natural products, feel exhausted after the skin is very refreshing, because I have sensitive skin and dried, then the degree of moisture is not enough now, but if the summer, then I think it will be very good!Mango Butter Soap with Shea & Cocoa Butters, Vitamin C,Certified Organic Ingredients,Cruelty Free,Ethically Traded Ingredients,Rejuvenating, Firming & Moisturizing. You could Try this soap if you like mango flavor! I hope this review helpful to you. Please click "YES"! Thank you very much!

My Favorite from this Line

Posted by Reviewer1491197 on Feb 27, 2009

My skin has been considerably better since using this soap. I also have the Shea Butter with Lavender and Wild Flowers. Both of them moisturize well, but this one is a bit better IMO. I love the scent and the fluffy billows of lather. A great soap from a great company. I will continue to repurchase. Edit: I was using Dr. Bronners Lavender and it left my cheeks dry, even with lotion. I switched back to this soap and in 3 days my cheeks were back to being soft and supple. This soap rocks!

Perfect

Posted by 5398624385056967573 on Jul 03, 2016

Not overly scented, great moisture and non irritating