• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

• Customer Ratings

Hemp...

Posted by TheGreenSativa on Apr 06, 2008

Good stuff. Healthy. I just mix it with peanut butter and honey into a hemp dough ball, very good.

Great Value for Organic Hemp Protein!

Posted by Reviewer2821022 on Jan 14, 2008

I really like this product. I do not find it gritty as some reviwers have. I mix it into a smoothie, so this obviously eliminates that problem. I was buying a much more expensive brand (Living Harvest) and I find no difference between the two. Great price, organic .... Love it!

high fiber, tastes good

Posted by Reviewer3085712 on Jan 26, 2007

This is my favorite hemp protein. It tastes very good and is also high fiber. Good protein supplement for those who are allergic to dairy and soy.

Jesmbe

Posted by Reviewer1750393 on Jul 07, 2008

Substantial...no hunger for hours.

An even better source of fiber than protein!

Posted by Reviewer3231842 on Dec 10, 2008

This product is pretty great. It is a wonderful source of fiber, protein, and omegas, and not much else, which makes it a wonder-superfood. But, it is a bit expensive, difficult to mix, and doesn't have the best flavor (it is sweet-ish, but grainy). If you are putting it in a smoothy, I'm sure it would be fine, but if you are stirring it in a glass of soymilk, for instance, you may not enjoy drinking the result.

Nutiva Hemp Protein

Posted by Reviewer2806330 on Jan 25, 2007

I've tried several Hemp Protein powders, but Nutiva is the best. I love it mixed in with frozen blueberries with a bit of cinnamon,soy milk and stevia. It is loaded with fiber, and has really helped with my irregularity problems.

Nutiva Hemp protein

Posted by Reviewer2807997 on Apr 23, 2008

Hemp is sooo good for you - I like to make hemp protein smoothies each morning using the Nutiva Hemp Protein Powder and it's great! I recommend buying the 3 lb. bag if you use alot (I use about 3 Tbs. per serving), as the 16 oz. container lasted maybe a month, on 2 Tbs. per day. The only reason I gave the product 4 stars instead of 5 is because the serving size is misleading as far as protein content is concerned, and I have seen 2 different figures for this on the product label- the 1st, on the nutritional chart says 4 Tbs.=11 g. of protein, but then under Directions for Use, it says 3 Tbs.= 22 g. of protein, so I will have to check with the company about this. All-in-all though, I am satisfied with this product.

I tried to like it

Posted by Reviewer2592970 on Jan 05, 2011

I really wanted to like this stuff. Every smoothie I made with it was hard to drink. The taste is over powering, even with just half a serving. I ended up wasting it. I just couldn't deal with the taste.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer3327222 on Aug 04, 2012

my body don't like it

Good, but not great

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on May 04, 2007

While the nutritional value of this product is high, the overall quality is not that great. There are tiny pebble-like things in it. I highly recommend Manitoba brand.