• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

• Reviews | English

Good, but not great

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on May 04, 2007

While the nutritional value of this product is high, the overall quality is not that great. There are tiny pebble-like things in it. I highly recommend Manitoba brand.

Nutiva, Organic Hemp Protein Powder

Posted by Reviewer1243295 on Jun 18, 2008

I am allergic to whey protein and gluten, so this protein powder is great for me. Great in smoothies with some fruit, etc.

Fantastic

Posted by Reviewer1295539 on Sep 19, 2008

Extremely high quality product. Nice taste and texture. I'm hooked on hemp! ;)

Organic Hemp Protein Powder for my Smoothies

Posted by Reviewer3201356 on Nov 25, 2008

I love this product! My Daughter and Son in-law have been using it for years but I have just started adding it to my breakfast smoothies. I'm am using it for the essential fatty acids that as a vegan I have always had problems with. I have tried many different products to get the best nutrition but this product does it all. I have known for years thanks to my so in-law about the nutritional value of hemp and as I retired nurse I agree. I am really surprised at how good it tastes mixed in with the fruit and almond milk. I am also impressed that I can use this product and not worry about random drug tests. This product is truly a miracle food.

The Power of Hemp

Posted by Reviewer2831283 on Feb 05, 2010

Nutiva's hemp plus fiber is an excellent way to add extra protein to your diet. Hemp protein is so much easier to digest than soy, rice or pea. I combine mine with almond milk, acai powder(Madre) and a banana and i'm off and running.

Nutiva, Organic Hemp Protein + Fiber

Posted by Reviewer1383079 on Dec 29, 2008

I love this product because it is one of the few protein drinks that actually mix alright with just water. I also love that it is not flavored! I personally hate vanilla and it seems that most protein drinks try to hide the taste by adding vanilla and something and it never works. I just want to mix with water, gulp it down and be done. This product allows me to do just that.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1910467 on Jul 28, 2011

This is a great product for those who find it hard to eat unhulled hemp. It's great in a smoothie or blended with fruit as a dessert or topping.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1539804 on Apr 17, 2012

Like this product w/ fruit. Yummy

So so

Posted by 5005158105221154605 on Mar 25, 2015

I know it's good for me but it tastes awful. Muddy and gritty. It's hard to drink no matter how I try to make it interesting. Still hoping that the acquired taste factor will eventually kick in.

To gritty

Posted by Reviewer1507018 on Sep 13, 2010

I didn´t like this product. The taste is ok but it makes mye smoothies extremely gritty. I get the feeling of drinkig cement. Won´t buy it again.