5 star - control of Diabetes 2

Posted by 4875328750685686782 on Mar 08, 2016

I am 72 - was diagnosed with type 2 about 4 years ago.After taking a specialised medicine and strict diet (no goodies......) I beat it after 6 months and was OK for almost 4 years thanks strictly to strict diet and munching on a lot of lettuce! Then last year, after a severe fall I had to be in hospital for 2 months. After 2 weeks, I noticed that my blood sugar had gone up again (I was eating the "diabetic friendly" menu. When I stopped taking the "friendly" desserts, my blood sugar count came back to normal.Back home after 2 months, but still unable to do anything with my right arm, I took delicious meals from the YWCA mobile meals - absolutely home made type but, again, my blood sugar came up (I believe it was because of the commercial sauces and gravies that were on all the food = delicious, but apparently not diabetic friendly. I couldn't do anything about it as I still couldn't cook - so went back on the Diabetes medicine. But after 6 months, I realised that I had tingling in my feet - and the Diabetic Nurse told me it was a common side effect of the medicine. I immediately came off the medicine and Googled natural remedies. After a week or so of taking the Banaba leaf (3 a day) plus Gymnema (Also 3), Best Alpha Lipoic Acid 600 (2 a day), Best L-Carnitine Fumarate 855mg (1 a day), Chromium 500mcg (1 per day)and Best Acetyl L Carnitine HCI 588 mg, I say the blood sugar count going down. And since a bit more than a month, I keep it under the "acceptable" 10 level. And this week - so after 2 months - I noticed that I no longer have the tingling in my feet. Good luck to all you Diabetes 2 out there. But iHerb is currently out of the Banaba Leaf so I recommend using the 180 capsule size and ordering 2 so we can reorder as soon as the first bottle is finished. Same thing with the other supplements - to always have the next one available. The Banaba Leaf is absolutely impossible to find here in NZ - probably elsewhere also.

Doesn't work

Posted by Reviewer1878151 on Aug 22, 2015

It didn't do nothing for my type 2 diabetic mother

does keep things more balanced

Posted by Reviewer1808969 on Mar 09, 2015

I have high blood sugar if I do not watch what I eat. This helps keep things more even. Taking it 3x a day however is important for me.

Weight Loss

Posted by Reviewer1535395 on Dec 29, 2014

Been taking for a few weeks - so far haven't noticed any difference regarding weight loss, even though am on a healthy diet and exercise. Will keep persevering for a while.

Helps me with blood sugar

Posted by Reviewer3124711 on Oct 03, 2013

I have type 2 diabetes. Despite exercising on regular basis, watching what I eat, and taking oral medications, my blood sugars were way too high. One of my doctors wanted me to start taking insulin. I didn't want to do that, so I added 2 of these pills (one with breakfast and one with dinner) to my vitamin regimen. This evening before dinner my blood sugar was 136, which is over 100 points lower than it was 2 weeks ago. I attribute the improvement, in part, to this supplement. I believe my body makes enough insulin on its own, but my cells are resistant to it. Banaba leaf is supposed to help your body's cells respond to insulin and start using excess sugar as fuel. I will keep taking it and hope it continues to help me better control my blood sugar.

I haven't noticed any change

Posted by Reviewer2105068 on Apr 17, 2012

Perhaps it's too soon to tell, but I haven't realized any change since taking these. Of course, I am taking a number of other things perhaps that is why.

Banaba

Posted by Reviewer1615722 on Mar 01, 2012

Is not helpful at all.

Curb Your Appetite

Posted by patricescales on Feb 09, 2012

This product has helped me not snack so much of the foods that I try to stay away from, no side effects, just don't have the desire to eat as much food. Will order the larger bottle when I run out. Great product.

Still early.....

Posted by Reviewer1604997 on Dec 22, 2011

I started using this as my fasting glucose was on the higher side of the normal range despite regular exercise and well-balanced diet. Haven't had bloodwork done yet - can honestly say I haven't been tempted by holiday sweets.

50/50

Posted by Reviewer1013889 on Dec 03, 2011

take it first month and see no difference