Planetary Herbals, DGL, Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice, 200 Chewable Tablets

Seems to work

Posted by Reviewer2747753 on Oct 13, 2009

I've been taking these for a couple of months for acid reflux and IBS symptoms- I also take digestive enzymes, and basically by taking this with the enzymes before each meal I was able to stop taking Nexium and have had the same results. I'm still not cured though, so I'm trying different things, but it's worth it to not have to take a proton pump inhibitor (Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, etc.) indefinitely. The taste, being sugarless, is pretty bad, to be honest, but you get used to it. FYI: My symptoms are basically pressure in the stomach, and a congestion/gurgly feeling in the throat after meals. I've had all the GI workups and they couldn't find anything, so they say I have IBS.

Good product for the lining of the digestive track

Posted by Reviewer2507624 on Apr 10, 2008

Each morning I take one capsule upon arising on an empty stomack. Licorice is very good for the lining of the digestive track. Also, in the Chinese Traditional Medicine, Licorice is used in most formulas to balance the side effects of the other ingredients.

for digestive aid

Posted by Reviewer3236624 on Oct 05, 2008

These chewables taste just fine and they are an easy way to help me "stomach" the other herbs I am taking.It also seems to balance my hormones.

Soothing for the Stomach

Posted by Reviewer3221350 on Jan 18, 2011

I use DGL instead of Tums or other antacids. It not only helps sooth the stomach and digestion process, but is a great healing agent. I have read that these are not as effective after eating, but there have been times when I felt discomfort an hour or so after a meal and taking DGL put out the fire. So, I chew one when I need it.

DGL

Posted by Reviewer1476132 on Jul 04, 2008

Didn't realize how much my body needed it.