Awesome Powerhouse!

Posted by Reviewer1927134 on Sep 12, 2008

I am a nurse with a minor in nutrition and used to think that I had to take 14 pills a day to get all the stuff I needed for energy and good health, but Prenatal One is a complete bargain for what you get - I have not been pregnant for 15 years now, but still take this supplement ..... You would be hard pressed to find a multi-mineral supplement that has all this has, and in one tablet. Most of us have trouble stomaching a bunch of pills, and often forget to take half of them - what good are they if they just sit on the shelf, anyway! with this little gem, you certainly will take it - it is fine to take with meals, and is even gentle on an empty tummy too. I have more patients who state they don't take vitamins because they make them nauseous or burpy - - not with these! Highly recommended - and even if you are not pregnant!!

Great Prenatal Vitamin

Posted by lovelyBunny on Aug 10, 2014

when I was pregnant I searched high and low for a multi prenatal that didn't upset my stomach. I tried SO many, even prescription, and this was the only one that worked. I recommend trying it! I had horrible morning sickness, and these were the only vitamins I could keep down - the ginger in them helps immensely.

So far so good.

Posted by Reviewer3074364 on May 10, 2008

Took them throughout my pregnancy and now during breastfeeding. Good stuff. Lots of goodness. Along with herb tea the red raspberry made my uterine contract WONDERFULLY during childbirth and helped me go down quickly afterbirth.

It will be better if the tablet is smaller

Posted by Reviewer2442939 on Aug 24, 2010

I take this product because I am trying to conceive now. Don't feel anything bad except the big tablet which is not too easy for swalloing, the other thing is the first urine right after taking the tablet always turns into gold-yellow color, makes me wonder if it's because the B-group vitamins aren't absorted and utilized and are always washed out of my body.

Prenatal Multivitamin with folic acid

Posted by joohyepark on Jul 15, 2014

I'm waiting for my second baby, so I've started taking this multivitamin because it is food based and contains sufficient amount of Folic acid which is essential for child's neural tube development. Some multivitamins have given me heartburn, but this one doesn't even if I take it in empty stomach.

Not value for money. Questionable form of Vitamin A

Posted by 5390939748068762563 on Oct 28, 2016

I didn't do sufficient research before I bought this :(. Several pointers about this prenatal multi: a) The vitamin A comprises of both palmitate and beta carotene. Pregnant women should stay away from the palmitate forms of vitamin A, which studies have shown could be toxic to your foetus. Not sure why they included the palmitate forms when cheaper prenatal brands use purely beta-carotene, which is not harmful to the foetus. b) The folic acid is not in the folate/MTHF form. MTHF is the best form of folate. Look for brands that provide this form of folate. Minimally, the multivitamin should provide for folate rather than folic acid. c) Vitamin B1 alittle on the high side. RDA for pregnant women is only approx 1.4mg d) Herbs: Since the use of herbs during pregnancy is not well-studied, I'd recommend not taking that risk of using herbal remedies, which seems to be included in this multivitamin.

Good one

Posted by Bostonian-girl on Aug 18, 2014

Now I am preparing for being pregnant and decided to order this product because it can be used while trying to conceive. I like everything about this complex of vitamins exept the acne on my forehead. I think it happened because of the big content of B vitamins. But of course it is very personal. Overall, I feel very good and it is easier for me now to wake up in the morning)

Too large

Posted by odereviews on Dec 10, 2015

These are pretty big, and hard to swallow. Softgels or something similar would have worked better. Yes, these are great multivitamins, but the tablets just wasn't really good.

Not for me.

Posted by Reviewer2389736 on Oct 01, 2008

The large size and taste of this pill made it difficult to take it during the early stages of my pregnancy due to morning sickness. I did MUCH better with capsules.. even having to take more of them. My doctor also recommended switching to a product that you take twice a day to increase absorbtion of the vitamins. And taking with meals is a MUST.

Rainbow Light Just Once, Prenatle One

Posted by Reviewer2405724 on Mar 20, 2008

I have used these during two pregnancy's and they are very gentle on my stomach. I think they are an extreme value for the quality because you only need to take 1 per day (as compared to up to 4 a day with other brands). I like that the ingredients are all natural. I highly recommend this product to pregnant or nursing moms.