we should have looked at the ingredients and not the reviews

Posted by Reviewer2850189 on Dec 13, 2011

I got this for my wife; This multi vitamin is a typical average mulitvitamin that is well marketed but is nothing special. I can already get better multivitamins than this in the United Kingdom so it was not worth importing. I was disappointed to find that it had the typical multivitamin stench and I had typical yellow urine that lasts all day inidicating a product that is not readiliy absorbed by the body. The vitamin C for example is ascorbic acid which is one of the cheaper forms of vitamin C by contract Solgar a popular brand is found as niacinamide ascorbate, L-ascorbic acid which is far more readily absorbed. the Zinc is again disappointing in that it is not even chelated, it is zinc citrate, by contrast the Solgar brand zinc is chelated and is far more readily absorbed. I don't take the Solgar brand which is a good multi vitamin as I find that it too, whilst better quality still results in yellow urine which over long term use could put strain on my kidneys. In the past I have taken New Chapters Whole Food based multivitamin and I will be returning to it since the yellowing of the urine is very mild and being whole food based from fermented cultures, it actually smells good. The truth is that I bought the rainbow light product because it described itself as "food based", I was mislead and have now learnt that "whole food" is very different from "food based". Yes New Chapter is double the price, but when it comes to my long term health, I am willing to spend the extra $20. I am tempted to give it two stars for being disappointed from my expectations, but to be fair to the product itself i give it three stars for an average product.

easy to take, but smells awful

Posted by Reviewer3180202 on Oct 03, 2012

Just one tablet per day, which is very convenient, but (personally) it smells and tastes quite off. It just didn't work for me.

bit hard to swallow

Posted by Reviewer1033836 on Feb 23, 2009

i assume these are just as good as other multis, if not better. i can't really tell a difference yet. But the only thing i have noticed is how hard they are to swallow. i can usually swallow 2+ pills at a time, and i almost choke every time i have to take a of these. i wish they could coat them...i probably won't order them again. :(

Not so good taste

Posted by Reviewer1534316 on Mar 09, 2010

Has everything you could need , but the taste is not so awesome. Actually the taste is quite bad.

from Nevada

Posted by Reviewer1692388 on Jun 16, 2010

I really liked the idea of the good amount of each of the vitamins and minerals but there is too much of the vitamin B's for my system. I became very moody and aggressive taking one every day. Now I take one every other day.

Not bad

Posted by Reviewer2549905 on Nov 22, 2011

Not bad vitamins

Can't swallow

Posted by Reviewer2874662 on Dec 02, 2008

My 16-year-old daughter isn't able to swallow these so I will take them myself when I run out my others.

Jim

Posted by Reviewer1157143 on Aug 12, 2008

Average

Great composition, but makes me nauseous

Posted by Reviewer1314387 on Apr 19, 2010

This vitamin is great in that it's got high levels of most vitamins and minerals in one tablet a day, but unfortunately it does upset my stomach (makes me nauseous) even when taken with a large meal. I have to break the tablets in half and take them at two separate meals.

The item is worth of its price....

Posted by Reviewer2498983 on Apr 11, 2009