we should have looked at the ingredients and not the reviews

Posted by Reviewer2850189 on Dec 13, 2011

I got this for my wife; This multi vitamin is a typical average mulitvitamin that is well marketed but is nothing special. I can already get better multivitamins than this in the United Kingdom so it was not worth importing. I was disappointed to find that it had the typical multivitamin stench and I had typical yellow urine that lasts all day inidicating a product that is not readiliy absorbed by the body. The vitamin C for example is ascorbic acid which is one of the cheaper forms of vitamin C by contract Solgar a popular brand is found as niacinamide ascorbate, L-ascorbic acid which is far more readily absorbed. the Zinc is again disappointing in that it is not even chelated, it is zinc citrate, by contrast the Solgar brand zinc is chelated and is far more readily absorbed. I don't take the Solgar brand which is a good multi vitamin as I find that it too, whilst better quality still results in yellow urine which over long term use could put strain on my kidneys. In the past I have taken New Chapters Whole Food based multivitamin and I will be returning to it since the yellowing of the urine is very mild and being whole food based from fermented cultures, it actually smells good. The truth is that I bought the rainbow light product because it described itself as "food based", I was mislead and have now learnt that "whole food" is very different from "food based". Yes New Chapter is double the price, but when it comes to my long term health, I am willing to spend the extra $20. I am tempted to give it two stars for being disappointed from my expectations, but to be fair to the product itself i give it three stars for an average product.

Perfect for those moody times!!

Posted by Reviewer3238946 on Apr 10, 2008

i absolutely love these vitamins! i have been taking them for a while and still feel the good effects from them. the week of my female cycle, i take two per day and find i have no headaches, crabbyness, etc. THANK YOU!

Best vitamins ever!

Posted by Reviewer2169545 on Mar 23, 2007

I love these vitamins. They give me all the things I need for my body. The digestive enzymes have really helped me. I feel better when I take them.

terrific multi-vitamin

Posted by Reviewer2633369 on May 25, 2010

i think this is a great multi-vitamin for the price! food-based ingredients, plenty of required daily allowance for most and more than enough for some nutrient requirements (especially important for an active woman like myself). i feel as though my energy levels have increased a bit, and my mood is better overall after starting to take this vitamin (about three weeks ago). also, i've noticed that my skin is clearer. (previously i did not take any supplements.)

Awesome

Posted by Reviewer3088143 on Nov 15, 2007

This is the best vitamin I have found where I feel like my body actually utilizes the nutrients. And I never get nauseated or have that "after taste" that I have found with other vitamins. Easy to swallow.

Great vitamin

Posted by Reviewer2071925 on Aug 25, 2008

I really like taking only one vitamin a day. It's a good sized tab, and doens't taste very good, but I'm willing to deal with that in exchange for natural ingredients, and only one tab a day.

Not for me...

Posted by Reviewer2201847 on Mar 01, 2009

I ordered these based on the good reviews on your site as well as the recommendation of a friend. I started feeling very bloated and my hands started breaking out with terrible excema. I talked to my friend and she had stopped taking these due to her own issues, so I followed her lead. Within two days of stopping them the excema is almost all gone, and the bloating is getting better...I am pretty sure it is the spirulina that is the problem. I have since found out that spirulina is an avoid on the blood type O diet. I love all of the good stuff in this vitamin, but the spirulina is definitely not for me...back to Jarrow Women's multi which was working just fine.

Best vitamin!

Posted by Reviewer1548647 on May 08, 2009

I love this food based vitamin and definitely tell the difference when I take it over a non-food based vitamin! It is gentle on the stomach and easy to take one a day unlike other food based vitamins which have to be taken multiple times a day. I highly recommend it.

Great Product & Value

Posted by Reviewer2324235 on Sep 30, 2007

My wife has been using these for years. She definitely feels the difference when not taking them. That is why I keep ordering them for her.

Great

Posted by Reviewer2984616 on Oct 10, 2007

This is the best multi that i have found (for a family on a budget). It gives me increased energy and i notice a huge difference when i forget to take it. Well worth trying!!