Great Hair color for a natural look

Posted by Reviewer2498153 on Oct 02, 2008

This Henna-Rainbow Research colors by giving highlights. My hair looks healthy and my hair looks like it did 20 years ago! I will never use harsh chemicals again. I mixed this with hot coffee to reduce red tones. Works great!

Works great

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Jan 22, 2012

Henna is a lot of trouble and makes a big mess. It's a commitment. If you do not want a bunch of chemicals on your head, henna is the only way I know of to cover gray. On my hair this was not as dark as I had hoped. Chestnut is my natural color. I have to use red henna on my gray roots to get them orange, then apply chestnut or sable henna to cover the orange. Gray roots require double-processing with henna to turn them brown. The first application of lawsonia inermis (red henna) binds to the gray hair and coats it; subsequent applications of indigo (the ingredient in this that makes it brown not red) adhere to the red henna coating. It is a lot of trouble and a work in progress. However, I have done this for close to a year and finally have glossy, shiny, thick brown hair. A year ago I had thin, splitting, damaged, artificially dyed hair that was too ash - now the color is back to my natural chestnut. Research henna before you try this.

Very Satisfied

Posted by Reviewer1229545 on Jan 24, 2010

I have used Henna before, and I decided to try yours. I also heeded the directions for covering the gray hairs I have using coffee and apple cider vinegar in the Henna solution, and it worked! I love how my hair looks and shines and feels like silk. Thank you! Your site was so helpful, as I am severely allergic to dyes, so I have to use only Henna. I used to use it alone, and of course, it didn't cover the gray hair. I followed your instructions and they worked beautifully. Thank you!

Grey Hair turned greenish

Posted by Reviewer2129691 on May 06, 2011

I had some grey hair and followed the manufacturer's instructions concerning it. My grey hair turned green and I am not sure what will happen to all the hair in the sun. I don't know what to do now! Not going to touch this thing again!

Works good

Posted by Reviewer1672828 on Mar 08, 2011

Works good. It's messy and all that, but the hair looks great afterwords. Offcourse the chocolate colour turns out a bit on the red side, but henna does that. I like the recepes inside, how to mix in eggs, coffee, oils and other things in the mix to get the result you want.

if it's good enough for Cleopatra...

Posted by 4989966423641828551 on Sep 03, 2012

...it's good enough for me! How wonderful, I love this reallt natural product, the colour was great, their suggestions to add olive oil, coffee, tea or vinegar are great. It is back to basics though and you do need prep time and an old t shirt, felt like I was 18 again using this product, colour lasted about 5 weeks

LOVE henna hair dye.

Posted by 5472030889549128458 on May 17, 2016

I have been dying my hair for years, in all different colors, both at home and in a salon. I have to say that henna is one of the the best options for me. I add coffee to the mix to help cover greys...what greys? Yea, it's that good! I notice that the new couple days after I dye my hair it darkens, so if you don't want super dark, try a lighter one first. I use the medium chestnut brown, and within a day or 2 my hair will be a deep chocolate. Another thing I love about henna is your hair doesn't come out one solid flat color, there are lighter and darker tones (from where my hair was naturally lightened by the sun) It also makes hair feel thicker. Hope this helps someone who has never tried henna before! Ps it doesn't smell like harsh chemicals because it's not!

Greenish tint

Posted by Reviewer2146275 on Feb 18, 2010

The product looks good indoors, but out in the sunlight, gave my hair a greeniash tint.

allergic reaction, red rash around hairline

Posted by Reviewer1602633 on Sep 17, 2012

sorry, had high hopes. using surya without problems now. also, really smelly - which is to be expected with herbals, but this smell stayed after 3 hair washes. anyway -- there are better products out there. Price most likely reflects quality in this case.

WOW Color

Posted by Reviewer1615634 on Jan 18, 2014

I used the medium brown chestnut last night. I mixed the henna powder with mostly lemon juice and some water - let the mixture sit all day while I was at work - then applied when I got home. Messy !! Applied cellophane wrap and then a shower cap. I sat under a dryer for an hour and then waited another 5 hours before rinsing, using conditioner to help rinse it out. Troublesome process the first time BUT WORTH IT. My hair is amazingly healthy shiny and thick with a gorgeous auburn color. I am sold and just ordered more for when I need a touch-up. Oh yeah .... I added ginger powder to lessen the hay smell & it was fine. .