Helping to regain my life

Posted by 5134696866210806423 on Mar 17, 2015

After constant injuries, weak and tight muscles throughout my entire body, sore achilles/tight lower calves since my teens, the beginnings of carpal tunnel, tingling arms and aching hamstrings/legs,itchy skin, extreme fatigue, blurry vision problems and just frustrating disconnects/slowness in my mental concentration, I finally worked out through constant personal research, that although my B12 levels were in the 'normal' range that I was actually moderately deficient. I slowly titrated up to 1mg (after quite noticeable start up symptoms), and then carried on up to 5mg a day. I'm taking these with Metafolin (methylfolate), prescribed iron tablets (tested severely deficient) and the other active B12, dibencozide (adenosylcobalamin). Best I've felt in a long, long time! Still have problems with daytime fatigue but all other problems have been resolved after 4 months of building up to my current supplement regime.

Dislike the mannitol and sorbitol - going to try California Xtracts or Jarrow Formulas. Note: high doses of B12 may deplete iodine, iron, zinc, manganese

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jan 20, 2014

1) Pure Advantage methyl-B12 spray - ineffective (I wonder about the sorbate preservative in it); 2) InterPlexus Inc NutriSorb liquid hydroxycobalamin - effective but still needs to be 'converted' to active form - I found the one drop dose suggested on label isn't enough; 3) Solgar cyanocobalamin 1mg sublingual - dissolves too fast and not as effective as active methyl-B12; 4) Natural Factors methyl-B12 1mg sublingual - dissolves too fast under tongue but found it better inbetween gum/lip where it will sit and dissolve more slowly. Iodine/B12 are synergists - suggest adding/increasing either one if taking more of the other, especially long term. Same is true of other nutrients such as manganese and zinc (both need cobalt, high cobalt may deplete them) - could be why some people note headaches after taking high doses of B12 (both high and low manganese can cause migraine-headaches). High doses of B12 will also deplete iron - they are antagonists. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer3231844 on Dec 16, 2013

Bio-available B-12. What more can I say.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1929891 on Sep 17, 2013

This product tastes good and doesn't fall apart very fast in humidity.

Best

Posted by Reviewer2436244 on May 15, 2012

The best way to take MethylCobalamin.

The best Methylcobalamin I tried till now with a good taste!

Posted by Reviewer1491632 on Feb 22, 2012

In the past I tried a lot of high dose (5 mg) sublingual Methylcobalamin supplements from different brands. But I had a couple of problems with most brands. The 5 mg Methylcobalamin pills from Now Foods and Superior Source (microlingual) are not good protected to degradation. Some pills from this brands are broken in the bottle or worse there's sometimes not much left from some pills, only powder! The taste from some Methylcobalamin supplements is also mostly to sweet, like you are eating cheap and to sweet candy. But the sublingual methylcobalamin pills from source naturals have a more neutral fresh taste (a bit more like toothpaste) and the pills don't degradate at all! No broken pills and no powder at all, only complete pills. The only negative point of the methylcobalamin pills from source naturals is the additive content, that could be less. Greetings from the Netherlands

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer2737500 on Nov 04, 2011

My doctor said I was deficient in B12. I've taken this product for two weeks. had blood test, and was no longer deficient!

GREAT!

Posted by Reviewer3050558 on Feb 13, 2011

Small pill, high dosage. Not a lot of extra ingredients, including no sugar. That is a plus. Good product!

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer1441473 on Feb 06, 2011

Very pleased with product and price.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1721303 on Jan 06, 2011

We read about how vitamin B-12 can help with dementia and early alzheimers. My grandma began taking 5mg 3 times a day and it is amazing to her progress. She was very forgetful and repeating thing over and over again. She has been on the B-12 for about 2 months now and we are already seeing an improvment.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »