New To iHerb?

Source Naturals, Skin Eternal Cream, 2 oz (56.7 g)

Love this cream MINUS THE DIMETHICONE!! Get the DAY CREAM version instead!

Posted by 5536595171908109527 on Jul 12, 2014

Everything about this cream is so perfect, including most of the ingredients and makes your skin glow MINUS the DIMETHICONE which stops the skin renewal process! It would be great if Source Naturals switch the DIMETHICONE with vegetable glycerin instead or just leave it out altogether!! However, I found that the DAY CREAM version does not have DIMETHICONE, however it doesn't also have panthenol (vitamin B) and also cocoa butter either. But I much rather use the Day cream version without the DIMETHICONE as DIMETHICONE prematurely ages your skin by trapping in bacteria and dirt. The DIMETHICONE makes the cream spread easier but I don't mind it being a little pasty as the DIMETHICONE makes my skin feel greasy. I'm not sure if this is related, but after using this cream, I got an eye stye for the first time in my life. Makes sense as the DIMETHICONE traps everything under the skin by making a plastic silicone layer over your face. This cream might be good for winter in windy situations when skiing! Otherwise the citric scent of the cream is nice and I love the vitamin c and msm and coenzyme q10 content. With this night cream version, it is necessary to do facial masks with alpha hydroxy or other agent that cleanses the face. However I have to say within a week of using this cream,my skin has been glowing and looking great! I recently bought the DAY CREAM version without the DIMETHICONE so will update and compare notes later. UPDATE: I have tried the day version of this cream, and I love it so much more! It is just as moisturising and makes your skin glow without the heavy feeling. I would use the night cream version for cold windy situations, esp for skiing etc, but for everyday and night I much prefer the skin eternal day cream.

allergic reaction

Posted by Reviewer2281717 on Apr 21, 2010

I didn't realize this product contains Sodium Metabisulphate as a preservative, which I am highly sensitive to. Most asthmatics cannot tolerate it either. Apart from the extremely strong perfume, I was immediately affected with anxiety and other neural symptoms. I cannot recommend it to my clients. I am a Naturopath.

Smells heavenly, but is a bit heavy.

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

This cream smells heavenly, like pineapple, only better. It is a rich cream that is better used in night time. It is full of beneficial ingredients, like Lipoic Acid, DMAE, C-Ester, CoQ10 & HA. Really good and affordable purchase. For daytime Derma E Alpha Lipoic C-Ester Cream is the best cream ever! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

in Arizona

Posted by Reviewer2138857 on Aug 12, 2008

I love this product. I sometimes spend too much time working out in the sun and before I know it, I am sunburned. This product has so many antioxidants in it that usage on a sunburn will take the burn away within 2 days and it will even prevent peeling of the skin. It is absolutely great!

AMAZING find!

Posted by Reviewer1636753 on Dec 29, 2008

I can't say enough good things about this cream! I'm going to break it down to a few categories: Smell: Not sure what others are talking about, but I love the smell. It's a light tropical smell, almost like pineapple. Texture: This cream is heavy, but it sinks in fast and absorbs completely within 30 seconds on my skin, which is combination oily in the summer and normal/dry in patches in the winter Effectiveness - This quickly heals my renova peely patches and works elsewhere also - hands down, one of the best I have used! Ingredients - This moisturizer has ALL of the premium antioxidants and ingredients you normally find in moisturizers six times the price! Price - This is the part I can't get over. You get twice as much as any other brand, in some cases 4 times as much, for literally a fraction of the price. I paid $24.99 for this here and comparable moisturizers cost $100 for half the amount. You just can't beat this!