Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Starwest Botanicals, Henna Black Powder, 1 lb

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

very grainy

Posted by 5577497032689310243 on Nov 16, 2012

This indigo mixed up very grainy, as though it had a bunch of sand in it. I have used indigo many times, and this has never been a problem. It seemed to rinse out okay, considering. I mixed it with Henna, and I think the stain was decent. I will use what I have left, as I don't want to waste money, but I won't repurchase.

Grainy and unstable

Posted by 5338987850088383377 on Aug 25, 2013

The powder is rather grainy and not easy to handle with. It seems to be dry when applying at to hair, but afterwards it soaks. It dries out the hair and requires conditioning afterwards. Even together with conditioning it does not leave the hair shiny. And i didn't notice any hair thickening, as it used to be with henna earlier. The overall result isn't worth the efforts, because the colour is very unstable, too. I would return unused packages, but international shipping would be costly.

Very poor quality indigo

Posted by 5501189899847277569 on Mar 25, 2014

I have used indigo ('henna black powder') for many years. This is the first time I ordered it from iHerb and also the first time it didn't dye my hair at all. I tried two more times since I ordered a big fat bag of indigo powder but alas, nothing happened, not an inkling of colour deposit in my hair. Very disappointed. Money down the drainage.

Starwest Botanicals Henna

Posted by Reviewer3142632 on Jan 20, 2012

Great Product. Easy to mix and gives a nice black color in short a period. I used this for my hair as a deep conditioner. It is easy to apply, but it is quit heavy. It takes a long time to wash out but well worth it in the results you will get. Remember to do a moisture treatment afterwards.

Thanks