Great Zinc

Posted by affinitywellness on Jul 28, 2012

I do not know of a zinc Picolinate product that you can purchase over the counter in Australia but if you're taking zinc you should be getting off the chelated stuff and onto this more absorbable form. This is the brand my own nutritional medicine specialist prescribes for me however she charges twice as much!

Great Product

Posted by 4614833340513791876 on Jul 24, 2013

My doctor suggested that i get a blood test for cooper and zinc levels. My Zinc levels were Half of what they should have been and my copper levels were double of what they should have been. Since taking zinc picolinate, I have noticed that my receding hairline is growing back and my hair is thicker. Zinc is also important for gut permeability and health. If I have stomach discomfort I combine zinc, a probiotic and L glutamine to reduce or even stop the symptoms.

Love Thorne and all their products

Posted by adechamplain on Apr 14, 2013

I have to take Zinc and B6 daily and this zinc is great quality. I don't always need a double dose though so I alternate with this product, the zinc picolinate (15mg) and the Pic Min which are both great as well. I highly recommend Thorne as they don't use the expidients in their capsules like magnesium stereate which are toxic to the liver. This is a very good size and price for a double dose of zinc. Too bad the single dose only comes in a 60 capsule.

Thorne Double Strength Zinc Picolinate

Posted by Reviewer1297459 on Dec 31, 2012

Fantastic!!! Before my nails were covered in white marks. Now as well as these disappearing the overall condition of my nails is greatly improved.

My new favourite zinc

Posted by nicolehargreaves on Oct 04, 2013

This big bottle is better value for money than the metabolic maintenance I used to use. No nasty fillers- works very well for my daughter who needs zinc for her mood. Capsules not too big - I just wish it was higher dose for their 'double strength' - one is not enough much of the time.

good strength

Posted by truevitality on Nov 20, 2013

zinc is such a super important mineral for immune system, pyrrole disorder and skin conditions. this is a good strength product

incomplete

Posted by 5280615812874896036 on Feb 04, 2015

Zinc balances hormones and improves the immune system.It is an antioxidant, a constituent of insulin, making it extremely important for blood sugar control. However, this formula is not ideal for me as it has given me white marks on the fingernails (not always a sign of zinc deficiency), where previously I had none. It obviously requires a minimum of copper as well.

Definitely works!

Posted by bhaktaboy on Nov 18, 2013

I was diagnosed with very very low RBC zinc. I've been taking this for a couple of months and levels are now in normal range. A great bio-available form of zinc from well known and respected company. My Integrative doctor got me on to a few Thorne products and my levels are great now. My partner had zinc deficiency too and levels are now normal following supplementation of this product.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2050611 on Feb 20, 2012

Hard to determine what is which if dropped along with other capsules such as Thorne Research Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate. Otherwise good product. Easy to swallow smallish capsule.

Recommended by my naturopath

Posted by 5273725203237253167 on Dec 21, 2014

I take that one on a daily basis to help my pyroluria and to heal my gut as I have gastric's crohn and Ankylosing Spondylitis. Very good product according my naturopath. I believe it is helpful along with the other supplements that I take daily.