Taste good, high protein, nothing evil, but high carb

Posted by Reviewer1052383 on Nov 22, 2011

A lot of "sports protein" bars are loaded up with nasty refined sugars, tons of glucose (to make the carb numbers look better), and/or a bunch of hard to pronounce ingredients. Others have nasty soy protein. These have a decent ingredient list and claim to have a low glycemic index. They also taste pretty good. The bad news is they still have a lot of carbs. And I'm not so sure they're as low glycemic as claimed as I clearly "crash" an hour or so after eating one. I tend to eat one half at a time to help avoid the carb rush. But they make a decent meal replacement bar--especially if you're not worried about carbs.

Incredibly filling, great taste!

Posted by Reviewer1943971 on Oct 19, 2011

I can hardly finish one for lunch, it keeps you full for hours! Great taste!

Good protein source

Posted by Reviewer1237421 on Apr 13, 2011

Like most protein bars, it is a bit heavy but the taste is not bad and it does have more protein than most bars.

I don't taste the pumpkin

Posted by Reviewer1200296 on Apr 14, 2012

I was shopping for non-chocolate bars, and this one looked promising from a texture & consistency point of view.. but the taste was all chocolate and no pumpkin. Think they need to change up the formula quite a bit.

好きな味

Posted by Reviewer3347009 on Feb 16, 2013

1本全部食べるとカロリーが高いですが、低糖質で食物繊維豊富なので、半分くらいおやつや夜食に食べてます。味が大好きなので、値段は高いけどリピートします。

Good filler

Posted by Reviewer2127214 on Jun 03, 2011

I am not crazy about the taste, but just needs getting used to though I have discovered, and also seems a little dry at first but it is a wonderful filler when i.e travelling and I love it because it has completely natural ingredients and lots of protein.

very good

Posted by Reviewer2469384 on Jun 17, 2011

one of the best!! taste is very ok! great stuff! only bad thing is the price ~

Very good

Posted by Reviewer3099095 on Jul 13, 2011

good macro, low carbs, good taste and not messy...one of my fav choice of protein bars among the brands I have tried so far!

vpx sports

Posted by Reviewer3182047 on Jul 20, 2011

very good

excellent bar

Posted by sportpit on Sep 11, 2011

I love these bars. It's so big and filling. It can easily replace a meal when you are on the run. It tastes a lot like a cake from my childhood ("pirozhnoye kartoshka").

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »