tastes great! Click YES if my review helped...

Posted by alloriginal on May 31, 2013

I've tried to reduce or eliminate sugar from my diet, but I MUST have sugar in my morning coffee! I found all the various substitutes lacking, for one reason or another. Most of them just plain tasted awful. Xylitol, however, was an amazing find. It looks like sugar, tastes like sugar, has no bad aftertaste (in fact, leaves my mouth felling clean and fresh). This is low on the glycemic index, so it should be safe for diabetics. Xylitol rocks my world! Start slowly--one serving per day at first--as too much, too soon can have a laxative effect. Thank goodness for Iherb! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Xylitol is the greatest!

Posted by Reviewer1773770 on Jul 12, 2008

Super stuff. I use it every time I bake...never use regular sugar and nobody ever knows the difference! I share with friends who are diabetic. I am not and neither is my son, but we both prefer to avoid sugar whenever possible, and Xylitol is one of only three safe sweetners on the market, and is the best bargain of the three. I also use it with baking soda and sea salt as a toothpast.

Best sweetening choice

Posted by Reviewer2785620 on Oct 04, 2008

Helps prevent tooth decay. Not artificial. Seems to help retain bone density. May help with digestion buy controlling bacterial growth. Doesn't spike blood sugar. I find it to be sweeter than regular sugar, so I use about half as much. Only draw back is that it doesn't activate yeast in baking, but fine for all other baking. A bit pricy, but a 5 lb bag goes a pretty long way.

Review of Xlear Inc., XyloSweet

Posted by Reviewer1221583 on May 12, 2008

This product is finer grain than the Xylitol sweetner from Now Foods. Much easier to use. Dissolves quicker and no aftertaste.

Xlear---XyloSweet

Posted by Reviewer1716695 on Jul 01, 2008

Use the xylitol sweetener in my coffee. A little bit goes a long way. As a dentist I recommended xylitol to my patients in gum and as a sweetener. Will order the packets to take along to travel.

terrible

Posted by Reviewer1385026 on May 10, 2010

I am returning my Xylitol. It didn't say anywhere on the pkg or add that this was not BIRCH xylitol. It gave me horrible stomach issues including diarria.

Godsend

Posted by Reviewer2150639 on Jul 19, 2010

Yes, this will cost you a lot more $ than sugar or some other artificial sweetener, pound for pound. However, once you start using this every day in your cooking and baking, you will never look back. It is really quite amazing how much better one can feel by eliminating all sugars from the diet. This stuff got me through my sugar cravings plus some. It leaves the mouth with a very refreshing and unique "cooling effect." Highly recommended stuff!

A SPOONFUL OF PERFECT SWEETNESS

Posted by Reviewer1081222 on May 26, 2008

Delicious and beneficial way to avoid sugar's calories and decay Best priced brand I've used so far. Behaves like sugar in food prep with the exception of its inability to caramelize

Tastes Wonderful!

Posted by Reviewer2303723 on Jul 14, 2008

We made our first batch of cookies with half Xylosweet and half sugar as the instructions say to start out half and half for the first few weeks, and the flavor was terrific!!!!! We really loved the taste!!!We couldn't tell the difference.. And the fact that it will help our teeth and all the other benefits Xylitol offers, makes it unbeatable!!!.Only wish it was more affordable!

how sweet it is...

Posted by Reviewer3352274 on Dec 02, 2008

i so missed my sugar in coffee till i discovered xylitol. it's the perfect substitute, taste and measures like sugar. the best part was the apple pie my wife made for me. after years of having to avoid desserts here was a way to bake and get the taste of sugar without the issues a diabetic has to consider.