kefir

Posted by Reviewer1599768 on Jan 15, 2011

this stuff is the greatest. by the way, you can use one pack to make up a gallon (2 quarts) of milk, if it's in the same container. i open a fresh carton of milk, put the culture in, mix it with a clean utensil, then reclose it with a rubber band, and set it out at room temperature for 24 hours. no need to heat up the milk and cool it down, etc. the main thing, i think, is not to set the milk in the sun or anywhere where it will get too hot. kefir makes at a temperature lower than yogurt. and when you make it at home and it is really fresh it is better than store-bought.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2117776 on Jul 29, 2012

Am very glad I bought this as the Kefir culture I managed to produce has from Yogourmet really helped me overcome some very stubborn gastrointestinal issues. The instructions are rather unhelpful. Do not boil the milk - plain milk straight from the fridge is fine. Another thing not mentioned or pointed out on the label instructions is that the first batch is not likely to turn out well and one won't get the desired Kefir grains. I had to do a second batch derived from part of the first batch to get the grains to grow properly. But the third batch turned out perfect.

CoConut Kefir

Posted by Reviewer1722464 on Jul 21, 2009

I use these to make Kefir with young coconut water. It works wel and much cheaper than Donna Gates.

The BEST kefir

Posted by Reviewer1849377 on Oct 01, 2009

I've tried grains, and I apologize to the purists out there, but this is MUCH creamier and more delicious than any recipe I've tried using "real" kefir grains.

Makes twice as much!!

Posted by Reviewer3040624 on Feb 18, 2010

when I had to eat it with a spoon I decided to use two quarts of milk per packet instead of one, and this makes it sooo very creamy to drink. I place my glass picture on a warm (170 degrees oven) stove top over night. Sits about 24 hours in all.

I love this

Posted by 4803189725789271799 on Dec 27, 2012

Hardcore kefir fans might like the "grains" better, but for me, this is perfect. You can make a new batch of kefir by adding 1/2 cup of a batch into milk - and continue this process for as long as it tastes good. Google it! Makes an even healthier and tastier kefir!

This tops it all

Posted by Reviewer1880669 on Aug 12, 2013

I can't believe how good this product is. This was my first time making kefir and the result was just amazing. I used 3.5% fat containing milk to get it extra creamy and the result was better than any kefir or yoghurt I ever had. I also was able to make 3 more batches using 1/3 as a starter and I only used 1/2 of the package for 1 liter.

Taste like biogarde, healthy stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2292722 on Oct 11, 2008

I don't know how they call Biogarde in English, but if you make this Kefir, it tastes like biogarde. It's a healthy drink and I take it every day after making it myself. When you make this, ou have to let it rest a roomtemperature, or 30 degrees Celcius. But my room is not always warm enough, so I put the kefir (when it has a temperature of 25-30 degrees) in a thermo bottle. It stays the same temperature for 24 days and after putting it in the refrigerator it's ready to drink. You can sweeten it with some stevia.

Smooth, delicious and healthy

Posted by Reviewer2850810 on Feb 15, 2011

My insides positively SING when I drink this stuff! Healthy and delicious - just how food should be.

Yogurmet, Freeze-Dried, Kefir Starter

Posted by Reviewer1154704 on May 15, 2011

This works great for milk and coconut water kefir. I've never used kefir grains so not sure how it compares to that, but I like this. It's so easy to use.