Magic oil!

Posted by pollytan on November 24 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have had bad hormonal outbreak and overuse of acne chemical and medication left my face ultra sensitive, red, dry and raw. The reason why I called this magic oil because it immediately soothe and calm my face whenever I applied it. It smell like sour plum though.

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 2 2015 | Verified Purchase

Very small but the product itself was exactly what I wanted. The pump is very convenient for a potentially messy oil. It does separate a little but that's normal for tamanu oil - if anything, it's just proof of its good quality. Awesome green colour! :)

good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 17 2014 | Verified Purchase

my son uses it for psoriasis - apparently reduces the itching and softens the skin. I use it as a night face moisturizer I like it. we buy this product regularly

Good to fade acne marks

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 12 2017 | Verified Purchase

The oil is quite thick and has a earthy, herbal scent to it. I bought it to fade acne marks which seems to be working fine. I usually mix a drop or two with my rosehip seed oil as the final step to my nighttime routine.

weird smell, can't tell if it does anything.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 16 2014 | Verified Purchase

i have been using this in combination with jojoba oil for oil cleansing… seems okay. could probably go without it.

GREAT PRODUCT! FLIMSY packaging By Iherb

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 8 2017 | Verified Purchase

The product itself is amazing! True to it's purpose. Although after 2 attempts of ordering the product, both times the product has reached me as empty bottle with its contents leaked onto all the other products. Disappointing. Iherb gives a refund. Which is absolutely nothing compared to money spent on customs and the need for the product itself.

THIS WORKS

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 10 2018 | Verified Purchase

I saw so many Youtubers (Liah Yoo and Holistichabits) recommended this product so I decided to give it a try. First of all, I want to talk about my skin condition: I suffered from severe cystic acnes mostly on my cheeks due to hormone imbalance, drinking, bad diet and stress from moving to a new country. I was prescripted 3 months ago with Epiduo (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and 0.1% Adapalen) and although it did help me with the acnes but my skin was ruined so bad because of this product. My skin became super sensitive, flaky and I would ocasionally get weird red bumps that look like mosquito bites on my face. The acnes have definitely gone but I was left with hyperpigmentation which I feel like they would never go away. And enter Tamanu oil. I've been using this for about 1 and a half week but I definitely see a dramatic change in my skin. Benzoyl Peroxide burned a small area of my face and it looked like a rash. First 3 days, I applied the tamanu oil directly on my face only at night (1 pump on each cheek and 1 pump on the forehead) and this oil has completely healed the rash caused by Benzoyl just in 3 days. My skin definitely feels more healthy now and I dont get the weird red bumps on my face anymore. But then I read the reviews and people would say less is more and the Youtuber Liah said she mixes the tamanu oil with the mosturizer so I did it. And I noticed in the next 4 days the tamanu oil was kinda stop working. I can tell that because the red spots kinda stay the same and I didnt get the same result. So I switched back to applying directly on the face and it worked again!!! I guess you have to play around with the oil to see what works best for you. I also use the tamanu oil for the acnes on my chest and back and I do see the same result. Because this is dry oil, I still put some moisturizer after applying the oil. This is definitely my savior. I am absolutely satisfied and in love with this product. People complain about the smell but it didnt bother me, the smell would disappear in the morning anyway. TIPS FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN: 1. Eliminate completely dairy and refined sugar out of your diet. It may be hard but trust me it's worth it. I've been using almond milk instead of cow's milk and using honey instead of sugar. If you're living in Germany: Hafer and Reis-drink work as well. 2. White bread and white rice are big no-no. But since I'm Asian there's no way I can live without white rice but I find dairy and sugar are more of a problem. 3. Drugstore products that have "for acne skin" on the front are likely to break you out (surprised?). Dont look at the front bottle when buying a product, instead look at the back where you can see the ingredient list. Stay away from Paraben, Alcohol and Parfume and many other harmful ingredients (google it guys). 4. If you are using any harsh topical treatment, keep the routine simple and corporate more natural products into the routine. Or better yet stay way from those products. After killing of Benzoyl off my routine I feel way way more better. I use tea tree oil to calm down any new pimples and they would disappear in 2 days. 5. HONEY TUMERIC MASK. My holy grail guys. This mask works wonderful for calming down the red spots and prevent any new breakout. I use this mask 3,4 times a week and my skin would feel so soft and calm after that. 6. USE SUNSCREEN EVERYDAY!!!!! I use sunscreen twice a day whether it is sunny or rainy, whether I go out or stay home. Don't belive me? Google it.

Heals scars

Posted by Sventanss on August 27 2017 | Verified Purchase

3 weeks in, I have seen scars dissipating. It does have a foul smell and stick onto clothes (almost unwashable) like any true Tamanu oil.

Great to heal pimples, skin allergies and redness

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 15 2016 | Verified Purchase

I read about the review on Tamanu oil that is great for combination skin, so I got it for trial. I put on the T-zone which i always have small pimples & whiteheads, & sometimes I got red after the whole day out . I put 1-2 drops of Tamanu oil on at night, it feels light & absorb quickly into skin. The next morning, the whiteheads & pimples are almost gone and no redness. i feel my skin is fairer after a few day's use. Really amazing result with just a simple oil.

Best Tamanu Oil

Posted by frivolousgirl on July 5 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've tried Tamanu oil from different brands but keep coming back to this one. It just feels more potent and I love the dispenser pump!