Living Well with Hypothyroidism

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have not had the opportunity to read the book from cover to cover yet, but what I have read just skimming through to sections of interest to me, I have learned alot already and the author is describing me in this book. My daughter was born in 1971 without a thyroid and has been on thyroid since she was 6 weeks old when they realized what the problem was. They told me it was hereditary, but at the time we did not know of anyone in the family that had thyroid problems. When I was in my early 40's I then developed a low thyroid, and a month ago my son was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. My daughter and I have always struggled with our weight, and I am hoping with your book we can resolve some of our health issues and weight problems. So far I have found your book to be very educational, when I read the section about phen-phen and serotonin, I thought here we are again, when taking phen-phen it was the only time in both of our lives that we had been able to lose weight without a struggle or starving ourselves. I cried when they took phen-phen off the market because it was the only drug that had ever helped me and my daughter to lose weight. I wish they had only given it to people like me with low thyroid problems, and maybe it would still be on the market. I believe this book is going to help my daughter and I to get back on the right track and hopefully to live a healthier life. Please tell the author "Thank You" for finally giving us hope again.

This is a great book!

Posted by Kevinty-One on Jul 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The book is easy to read, easy to follow and has more information than I ever knew existed. Some comments in the book I have experienced with doctors myself; it's nice to know it hasn't happened only to me. It also gave me some ammunition for my next appointment so I will be better prepared. I couldn't put this book down once I started it, I wanted to learn more. I refer to it all the time. This is a great book!

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

great book ! answers all questions about hipothyroidsm

Essential Book for Anyone With a Thyroid Condition

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Definitely the essential book for anyone with a thyroid condition. Whether you're hypothyroid because of surgery, or radioactive treatment, or autoimmune problems, this book helps you understand the conventional and holistic approaches.

Living Well with Hypothyrodism

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Absolutly a must read for anyone suffering from hypothyroidism who feel they aren't getting the most from the treatment they're now receiving. Written in text that is very easily understood.

Living Well with Hypothroidism

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 13, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have only started reading the book. I am finding it easy to understand and comprehend. I am looking forward to reading more. Thanks for the quick delivery

Great Book

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have not finished this book but I had 1/2 my thyroid removed 30 years ago and have never had a Dr. explain the difference in medicines. I have had so many problems that are simptoms of not enough meds or not the right kind. Wish my dr. had read this book and took the time to hear me. Now I will finish reading and go there with a plan to help me feel better. If my dr. does not leason I will look for an other.

Good Info At Last!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I was very happy to receive this book. It's finally good to have some information on hypothyroid that makes sense to those of us who have to deal with it. Thank you.

Helfpful Information

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I learned just as much on her web sites, but this compiles it all in one, and is helpful for those who dont do much internet research. But it is not necessary to buy both her books, they are pretty much saying the same thing.

Not Disappointed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This book is so good!!! I was recently diagnosed with an under-active thyroid and wasn't happy about the fact that the supplement I was recommended interfered with my menstrual period. So I decided to do some research and came across the author and this book. It is well worth the money. I almost borrowed it from the library, but I'm glad I have it to keep. It contains so much valuable information you'll want to have it on hand to refer back to. One of the best things about this book is that it's written by someone who has been living with this condition for several years and she is sharing what she has learned to benefit others. Outstanding. When I grow up I want to be just like you Mary Shomon.