Used to be great, now just watered down

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I used to buy this all the time and the consistency was always thick and caramel-y, the new ones I got are more syrup-y and more fluid. It is as if it's been thinned out or something. I am certainly not pleased with it and the taste is also watered down because of that. Not the same anymore..

Wonderful, Rich, Caramelized Flavor and It's Low Glycemic!

Posted by EdiblyOrganic on Aug 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm hooked on this Nectar and always include it in my monthly order! It doesn't taste like coconut at all. I use it in salad dressings, smoothies and for cooking. It's rich, syrupy( a bit like maple syrup, but with a thicker consistency and tastes much richer and more complex.. It adds depth to dishes. I was looking for something to replace agave with, and this wins hands down. The nectar is so much healthier for you. I made the best salad dressing with it: Used Nutiva Hemp Oil, Rice Vinegar, a little bit of Toasted Sesame Oil, Coconut Secret Coconut Nectar, Juice of an Orange, Orange Peel the size of a Nickel, Pink Salt, and Walnuts. Toss in a blender on high, for a minute or two, and it's ready. So yummy on a fruit salad or a warm spinach salad! I know this will sound strange, but it's great on popcorn with a bit of cinnamon and pink salt. It reminds me of caramel popcorn. ;)

not good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I don’t know how reliable the claims are re: the low glycemic index etc., but going solely on taste and consistency I do not care for this product. It’s almost as thick as molasses, pretty messy. The flavor is not neutral at all. I get the sweetness, but it also has an odd tart flavor. I’ve tried it on oatmeal, in smoothies and even in something as strongly flavored as coffee but that tartness still comes through. They’re right about one thing – it doesn’t taste like coconut, it would be better if it did. I’m going back to agave – way better!

A perfect sweetner

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

By far the best sweetner I've used - smooth texture, subtle taste and very low glycemic index

Nancy H

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Very flavorable syrup for pancakes & waffles....enjoy it very much

Low GI sweetener

Posted by LantauMama on Oct 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I agree with the other reviewer that this is very sticky, but it is a great alternative liquid sweetener. I won't use agave, but do use this in recipes that need a liquid sweetener. It's got a unique taste, and a little goes a long way.

Best sweetner

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This product is the best tasting sweetner perfect for replacing sugar or honey in baking. much better for you than stevia or argave. Its pricing on iherb is a great deal compared to stores and its packing it ideal for the product substance.

Very good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Tastes great, I use it to sweeten my almond milk with

My favorite sweetener.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Very delicious. Great caramel flavor. I use it instead of agave now.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like it very much,but I cant use it so much,because it regulars my blood sugar