it works

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 16 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was skeptical, but it did improve my lipid profile considerably; not much change in HDL, but LDL went down by almost 50 points. Highly recommended.

Healthy Origins Cholestene Red Yeast Rice, 120 capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 2 2008 | Verified Purchase

Blood test results have shown that 4 capsules per day reduced my chloesterol from 330mg to 195 mg. I am very pleased with the product

Working well so far

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 7 2009 | Verified Purchase

My husband had a total cholesterol of 321. 3 months later after a change of diet and taking Cholestene, his total cholesterol has come has come down 40 points and his LDL also went down from 236 to 174. So far so good...

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 30 2016 | Verified Purchase

My doctor wanted me to take a statin drug to lower my cholesterol. I ordered Cholestene instead. My numbers went down so much that my doctor is now going to recommend Cholestene to his other patients.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18 2011 | Verified Purchase

It works for my husband well,who can not take the regular statin drugs. But I can't take it as it gives me neuropathy just like the statin drugs do. If you have diabetes I would be careful taking this for that reason.

It really works!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 18 2010 | Verified Purchase

I can't take prescription meds for my cholesterol. Started to take this along with Omega-3 Marine oil and my numbers are way down. I think my doctor who wasn't to happy about me taking it, was surprised.

Made my stomach too gassy

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 12 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought a bottle to lower my cholesterol. After a few days taking it, I got a very bad gassy upset stomach reaction. I stopped taking it immediately. I am surprised that my stomach was hurting bad because I read that Consumer Lab recommends this brand. I am sure it is a very good brand for many people but for me it just upset my stomach too much. I will just have to try another Red Yeast Rice.

This product works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 11 2016 | Verified Purchase

This product was recommended by my cardiologist as an alternative to a statin drug. The improvement in my condition exceeded his expectations to my delight. Thanks!

So far so good.

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 17 2016 | Verified Purchase

After reading a a review on Consumer Labs on red yeast rice supplements and Cholestene was one of the recommended products. I have been using this product for a month. With increased exercise and changes in my diet, I've noticed that I don't feel any more chest discomfort when I eat at a fast food restaurant.

The best of the best - Red Yeast!

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 14 2016 | Verified Purchase

Hubby has high cholesterol issues since his 20's. (Highest was 340). He was told to take statins which caused him to have muscular weakness so he had to stop & try other things. He is now in his 50's. Through diet & oats, he managed to only lower it below 300 all this while. In Mar 2016, his readings stood at 263 but his HDL & LDL & ratios still exceeded the normal range. Decided to try Cholestene after all the raving reviews here. Latest readings in Aug 2016 show the following... Total : 178 mg/DL (down from 263! Never before in his life had he been below normal < 200!) HDL : 41 mg/DL (up from 36! Normal > 40) LDL : 110 mg/DL (down from 196! Normal < 130) Cholesterol/HDL ratio : 4.3 (down from 7.3! Normal <4.5) The results were amazing! Thank you iherb & thank you Cholestene. Am ordering more again as I need to control my cholesterol too! Will post again on how it helped me in future :) A definite must try product for cholesterol issues if you have any. (Two thumbs up!!)