Healthy Origins Cholestene Red Yeast Rice, 120 capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Blood test results have shown that 4 capsules per day reduced my chloesterol from 330mg to 195 mg. I am very pleased with the product

Working well so far

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My husband had a total cholesterol of 321. 3 months later after a change of diet and taking Cholestene, his total cholesterol has come has come down 40 points and his LDL also went down from 236 to 174. So far so good...

Cholestene

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

My doctor wanted me to take a statin drug to lower my cholesterol. I ordered Cholestene instead. My numbers went down so much that my doctor is now going to recommend Cholestene to his other patients.

Cholestene

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It works for my husband well,who can not take the regular statin drugs. But I can't take it as it gives me neuropathy just like the statin drugs do. If you have diabetes I would be careful taking this for that reason.

:::No Response From MFG / Muscle Pain::::

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I had some general questions about the product and emailed the manufacturer, Healthy Origins, but no response. In my experience this is reason enough to avoid the seller in the future. No customer service, no purchases. The supplement caused muscle pain within a week at HALF DOSE similar to what I experienced with STATINS. I stopped using it.

It really works!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I can't take prescription meds for my cholesterol. Started to take this along with Omega-3 Marine oil and my numbers are way down. I think my doctor who wasn't to happy about me taking it, was surprised.

This product works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This product was recommended by my cardiologist as an alternative to a statin drug. The improvement in my condition exceeded his expectations to my delight. Thanks!

So far so good.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 17, 2016 | Verified Purchase

After reading a a review on Consumer Labs on red yeast rice supplements and Cholestene was one of the recommended products. I have been using this product for a month. With increased exercise and changes in my diet, I've noticed that I don't feel any more chest discomfort when I eat at a fast food restaurant.

The best of the best - Red Yeast!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Hubby has high cholesterol issues since his 20's. (Highest was 340). He was told to take statins which caused him to have muscular weakness so he had to stop & try other things. He is now in his 50's. Through diet & oats, he managed to only lower it below 300 all this while. In Mar 2016, his readings stood at 263 but his HDL & LDL & ratios still exceeded the normal range. Decided to try Cholestene after all the raving reviews here. Latest readings in Aug 2016 show the following... Total : 178 mg/DL (down from 263! Never before in his life had he been below normal < 200!) HDL : 41 mg/DL (up from 36! Normal > 40) LDL : 110 mg/DL (down from 196! Normal < 130) Cholesterol/HDL ratio : 4.3 (down from 7.3! Normal <4.5) The results were amazing! Thank you iherb & thank you Cholestene. Am ordering more again as I need to control my cholesterol too! Will post again on how it helped me in future :) A definite must try product for cholesterol issues if you have any. (Two thumbs up!!)

well,lets see my blood test results soon..you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on Nov 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

i have a blood test in Jan 2013 so i will update if the cholesterol had dropped or not from my regular 250 units.UPDATE:looks like this product delivers what its suppose to do,my cholesterol is lower than before,about 40 point in 2 months,but i stopped concerning about my cholesterol becauce it looks like MD's are obsessed with it and lowering the upper limit everyday just to give statin drugs to everyone when scientific research shows that cholesterol is essential to our body and myelin brain at bout 220 to 280 units and below this you are risking with several chronic illnesses.....you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews