well,lets see my blood test results soon..you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on November 30 2012 | Verified Purchase

i have a blood test in Jan 2013 so i will update if the cholesterol had dropped or not from my regular 250 units.UPDATE:looks like this product delivers what its suppose to do,my cholesterol is lower than before,about 40 point in 2 months,but i stopped concerning about my cholesterol becauce it looks like MD's are obsessed with it and lowering the upper limit everyday just to give statin drugs to everyone when scientific research shows that cholesterol is essential to our body and myelin brain at bout 220 to 280 units and below this you are risking with several chronic illnesses.....you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

got my cholesterol from 210 to 137 on Red Yeast Rice-been using this for 10 years

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 24 2009 | Verified Purchase

Can't say enough good about this product, especially this brand. It does not work for everyone, nor does it work for my sister, but it surely works for me, and you will still need a blood test every year.

Take care of your heart

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 26 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've tried 3 different Red Yeast Rice products from local store and Puritan Pride. But this is the only one I buy now. I'm thinking that others were watered down or did not function properly. I take two, twice per day for the past 5 years. My blood pressure is NORMAL and I have zero side effects from this product. Try this one before buying something else!

It probably works but.....

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 5 2014 | Verified Purchase

My doctor wanted me on statins but I have heard about all the side effects of it and stayed away. Tried Cholestene for about a month (on and off) and my cholesterol went down to a very good level that even the doctor was surprised. Unfortunately I have to stop it for now. I started experiencing excessive hair loss and slight sore muscles during the period. These side effects seemed to be less obvious when I stopped taking them. I am still not certain if Cholestene causes these reactions as I was also taking other supplements but the timing seemed to coincide with Cholestene. I wrote to Healthy Origins to enquire about this product, but no replies at all! Giving it a 2 star because although it seems to bring cholesterol down, it has negative effects on me and red yeast rice contains lovastatin similar to statins.

Not For Me - Cholestene

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 18 2011 | Verified Purchase

Will return the unopened bottle. Developed an internal quiver after three days on this product; I took them for a total of five days; after an additional week of not taking them, the quivering stopped. Very unusual feeling.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18 2009 | Verified Purchase

Healthy Origins Cholestene/ Red Yeast Rice, lowered my cholesterol!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 21 2011 | Verified Purchase

My total cholesterol had been about 225 for years- I eat fast foods/pizza..., and don't exercise enough. My Dr. kept "Badgering" me to go on script statins- NO WAY, after Googling their Awful side-effects! After 1yr of 2 caps of HO RYR at breakfast & 2 more with dinner- My Cholesterol dropped to 172 (LDL lower, but no change to HDL or Triglycerides). BTW!- It's Very important to take CoQ10 with ANY statin!- I take 50mg of 1/2 price Healthy Origins Ubiquinol CoQ10 (Ubiquinol is 2x best form!) with each meal. I also take 1x of top-rated EFA's Omega-3 fish oil, twice daily! FYI- CL rated Natures Plus Extended Release 1.7% RYR #1, and Healthy Origins #2- for lovastatin/purity. Many user reviews on the NP Extended Release complained of sleep issues (common for me), so I went with HO.

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 3 2008 | Verified Purchase

great product realy worked .It also lowered the triglicerides for my husband

It really works

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 19 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product really works. I take it for about a year, and has lowered my total cholestero and LDL into normal levels (from 250 to 190). For three months I had swithed to "Doctors's best" ryr, same dose, but chol. went up. So, I am back to cholestene.

works much better than what I was using before

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 4 2009 | Verified Purchase

Top rated Red Yeast from Consumer Lab.