got my cholesterol from 210 to 137 on Red Yeast Rice-been using this for 10 years

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Can't say enough good about this product, especially this brand. It does not work for everyone, nor does it work for my sister, but it surely works for me, and you will still need a blood test every year.

Take care of your heart

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've tried 3 different Red Yeast Rice products from local store and Puritan Pride. But this is the only one I buy now. I'm thinking that others were watered down or did not function properly. I take two, twice per day for the past 5 years. My blood pressure is NORMAL and I have zero side effects from this product. Try this one before buying something else!

It probably works but.....

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My doctor wanted me on statins but I have heard about all the side effects of it and stayed away. Tried Cholestene for about a month (on and off) and my cholesterol went down to a very good level that even the doctor was surprised. Unfortunately I have to stop it for now. I started experiencing excessive hair loss and slight sore muscles during the period. These side effects seemed to be less obvious when I stopped taking them. I am still not certain if Cholestene causes these reactions as I was also taking other supplements but the timing seemed to coincide with Cholestene. I wrote to Healthy Origins to enquire about this product, but no replies at all! Giving it a 2 star because although it seems to bring cholesterol down, it has negative effects on me and red yeast rice contains lovastatin similar to statins.

Healthy Origins Cholestene/ Red Yeast Rice, lowered my cholesterol!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My total cholesterol had been about 225 for years- I eat fast foods/pizza..., and don't exercise enough. My Dr. kept "Badgering" me to go on script statins- NO WAY, after Googling their Awful side-effects! After 1yr of 2 caps of HO RYR at breakfast & 2 more with dinner- My Cholesterol dropped to 172 (LDL lower, but no change to HDL or Triglycerides). BTW!- It's Very important to take CoQ10 with ANY statin!- I take 50mg of 1/2 price Healthy Origins Ubiquinol CoQ10 (Ubiquinol is 2x best form!) with each meal. I also take 1x of top-rated EFA's Omega-3 fish oil, twice daily! FYI- CL rated Natures Plus Extended Release 1.7% RYR #1, and Healthy Origins #2- for lovastatin/purity. Many user reviews on the NP Extended Release complained of sleep issues (common for me), so I went with HO.

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

great product realy worked .It also lowered the triglicerides for my husband

Made my stomach too gassy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought a bottle to lower my cholesterol. After a few days taking it, I got a very bad gassy upset stomach reaction. I stopped taking it immediately. I am surprised that my stomach was hurting bad because I read that Consumer Lab recommends this brand. I am sure it is a very good brand for many people but for me it just upset my stomach too much. I will just have to try another Red Yeast Rice.

It really works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product really works. I take it for about a year, and has lowered my total cholestero and LDL into normal levels (from 250 to 190). For three months I had swithed to "Doctors's best" ryr, same dose, but chol. went up. So, I am back to cholestene.

works much better than what I was using before

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Top rated Red Yeast from Consumer Lab.

Repeat Order

Posted by Lambmonade on Aug 18, 2017 | Verified Purchase

💕TIJ 🦄106 (No space) 💕 5%off for Existing and New customers This is my husband 3rd bottle. Blood test on cholestrol was run once before starting and after the 3rd bottle. His cholestrol level did improve by a bit. Will use it for 3 more months to conclude if this really helps to co ntrol and lower his cholestrol

Great Product: Check Consumer Labs for more information.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Years ago my wife suffered damage to her liver because of a doctor prescribed cholesterol lowering medication, namely Zocor. After seven years of herbal milk thistle her liver is now functioning normally. She now takes Cholestene daily to maintain her cholesterol which is now the lowest it has been in years. For her, since she is not a big person I/2 of the recommended dose is adequate.