Vitamin K2 and Ostoporosis

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product along with others (e.g. Vitamin D3) in a protocol is doing what my health care provider suggested it would for my osteoporosis. The DEXA scan results showed higher density this year--I am now building bone instead of tearing it down without taking Fosamax or other harmful meds.

Get another brand......

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I did not notice until after I had ordered it--it contains caramel color, recently found to be carcinogenic. I will shop for another brand. I think I am done with Jarrow after this, having had other issues with this company before.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2007 | Verified Purchase

My joints are definitely more flexible since taking this product, although my prime reason for taking it is to help keep osteoporosis at bay.

MK-7 only hurt me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

MK-7 only made my health worse. I now only get vitamin K1 from my diet. Vitamin K1 is safer and less toxic - that's what the government says. Your body already makes K2 in the amount that it chooses. MK-7 companies don't want you to know about the side effects and risks of having this in your blood for 72 hours. MK-7 can build up and cause toxicity. Don't trust everything Life Extension says about MK-7. Search around and you'll see what I mean. Irritability and worse. Don't be fooled by marketing hype and rat safety studies.

Seems to have helped blood pressure

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

After about a month, Systolic dropped about 15 points.

MK7

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Its difficult to find a good source of MK7. This remarkable vitamin helps to remove plaque from the arteries and assists bone building by taking calcium to the bone. My health has improved from taking this supplement along with nattokinase.

Interesting formula

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I began taking this supplement to see if the MK-7 form of vitamin K would help with Purpura(bleeding under the skin) I am experiencing on my hands and forearms. I don't think it is helpin with that, but I have learned more about MK-7. It is supposed to support bone formation in people with osteoporosis and reverse calcification of the arteries. However, in Japan, where it is doctor prescribed for these conditions, it is taken in huge 45mg. doses. I am seeking a more potent formula. Hopefully companies will make stronger formulas within the next few years. I have also read that smaller doses than 45mg support beneficial results but I am not sure exactly how much one needs to take.

Vitamin K2 product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 16, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This brand was suggested by cardiologist Stephen Sinatra.

Jarrow Formulas, MK-7, 90 mcg, 60 softgels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT Product! My healthcare practitioner recommends this product for me and for my mother as well as many others for help with osteoporosis. I feel confident that THIS product (as compared with other forms of Vitamin K ) is helping me. It is a special formula of Vitamin K2 which is more absorbable than others.

GREAT