Less effective than other versions

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

After taking two different brands of optimized folate (one L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate and one (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid), each for several months, I decided to try Jarrow's alternative since it's significantly less expensive. Initially, I tried adding Jarrow's *400mcg* Quatrefolic supplement and observed positive results, so I decided I would try replacing my 1000mcg premium folate supplement with the product on this page. On two occasions, a few months apart, I tried to replace my 1000mcg L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate with these 1000mcg (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid supplements. Both times, I was hit with strong fatigue several days after making the change. Unfortunately this particular product seems to be less efficacious for me than competing products.

Quickly topped up folate

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I was using Folinic Acid plus Methyl Folate. You really need to know which one your body needs, because if you have too much folate, or you have the methylation problems, this can make you unwell. I had really bad headaches and a weird brain fog. But, I believe it's because it shot my folate levels up really high. I would use this with caution, ensuring you know you should have this. My body personally responded better to folinic acid, but I'd highly recommend this as well.

Doctor recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2017 | Verified Purchase

My doctor recommended this supplement. I liked the convenience of ordering this.

An enhanced formula of folic acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Excellent choice, best price.

For histamine/ allergies

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I use this supplement daily. It helps a lot with my histamine reactions/ allergies. Also helps with mood/depression. Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

fast shipping and half the price of others. I have been using this product for a month and have noticed a significant improvement in my health. I have changed from another brand and will continue to use this product

Excellent