Makes aging a little easier

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

As a precursor to glutathione, a major detoxifier in the lungs and liver, NAC helps in everyday living. But NAC itself helps to breakdown alcohol directly and makes hangovers all but disappear. I recommend taking two before drinking with a full glass of water and two before going to bed. The next morning will be too late!!! Have fun thirtysomethings!

extrememly beneficial

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

a few years back, i discovered that i was living in a house with mold. it was terrible......... experiencing allergy like symptoms during non allergy times of the year, and never understood why i was sneezing and wheezing constantly. when i diagnosed the problem, i started mega dosing with vitamin C, NAC and a few other glutathione precursors. in doing this, it gave me my health back to where i could regain some semblance of my life. i like the idea for the sustained release, but i also used other standard version forms of NAC. i found this version allowed me to swallow less pills over the course of a day, and became a little more cost effective in the long run. these type of supplements are fantastic to counter the effects of our polluted and contaminated world

Immune Booster, Decongestant, Liver Protection

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is a seriously powerful product. NAC is used for bronchitis, sinusitis, otitis media (middle ear infection), pneumonia and lung problems, and to protect the liver against Tylenol/acetaminophen poisoning and alcohol. The time release aspect of this product is important. Only use an NAC product which is time released because otherwise it metabolizes through the liver and out of the body in 1.5 hours. This product is well tolerated, does not cause headache or stomach upset. For acute problems, viruses, colds, flu or congestion, use 3 or 4 tablets, every 4 hours. You can feel congestion clearing in under 1 hour. This should also be used by people with HIV and cancer. I have seen this product work well many times. I always keep a spare bottle in my arsenal. If Bird Flu comes, I'm ready.

N-A-C Sustain 600 mg 100 Bilayer Tablets

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am an ex-smoker and lung cancer survivor - added to that I used to drink a lot years and years ago - That being said, my lungs have taken a beating and I have been diagnosed with emphysema. My liver function test reflect normal function, however, I have no doubt some damage resides there as well. Throw on top of that bad sinuses - summer time is awful for me between sinusitis, pollen and 1/3 of a lung missing - My breathing function gets very very difficult around summer time when it gets hot - high humidity is also a problem - Since I have been taking this product I have noticed a huge difference - my breathing is so much better - if that promise is true, I'll bet my liver is getting good benefit from this stuff - I highly recommend it! And as always, a shout out to iHerb for excellent prices, service and delivery - I recommend them to everyone as well - I'm a very happy customer.

Unnecessary

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

After purchasing this product and doing more research, I discovered that there really is no reason to take n-a-c in a sustained form, and that a sustained release is perfectly achievable by administration with food.

Polyacrylate in NAC Sustain

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I used to buy NAC Sustain, as i was'nt aware that it had this dangerous toxin. I will now Never buy NAC from Jarrow formulas.

Liver Tonic and More

Posted by RubiesHealth on Oct 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The body makes glutathione from NAC. The former is an antioxidant that supports the liver in immunity and detoxification functions. It also serves many other functions including promoting eye and mucus membrane health. The sinuses and lungs are lined with mucus membrane. I first used NAC for lung support in road-running sport because of traffic pollution. Within a few days of use, I noticed thinner and healthier mucus production and months after, improved resistance against prevailing flu and haze-induced coughs. It provides the same consistent benefit for all whom I recommend this product to. We take only 1 tablet on empty stomach daily.

Physician Recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My physican recommended both this product and the Jarrows Alpha Lipoic Sustain to me. The "sustain" better regulates my metabolism and keeps my blood sugar stabilized. I have been able to lose weight taking both these products together, and I no longer have those vexing late afternoon hunger pangs.

Helped with Candida detox when nothing else did

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

After 4 months on Erica White's Candida program (a well-regarded diet and supplement program designed to starve to death Candida in the body) I was sick and toxic to the point where I could hardly work. In all my years of health probems this feeling of toxicity (and accompanying physical weakness) was something I hadn't experienced before. This supplement reduced the debilitating nature of the experience quite a bit. I still don't feel great, but am much better than I was and am able to persist with the Candida program. NOW Foods Silymarin complex - another recommended supplement for managing detox symptoms by strengthening the liver - didn't work for me.

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I could definitely feel a difference within days of starting the product. 2-3 doses of this product completely cleared up my seriously congested nose. I was totally amazed! This product works best with Vitamin C, so I make sure that I take 3,000mg of buffered vitamin c also. My main reason for buying this product was to assist in my heavy metal detox after a case of mold poisoning.N-A-C is a great metal chealtor and also cleanses the Liver of toxins. I would highly recommend giving this product and brand a try.