Great detoxifier

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm doing the Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt heavy metal detox protocol. I tested positive for mercury poisoning some years back and had my amalgam fillings replaced with composites. I then went through a round of DMSA chelation. I did receive much relief. However, knowing what I know now I would have chelated with something other than DMSA, or at least something in addition to it (such as ALA or RLA). The DMSA alone likely resulted in considerable redistribution of the mercury and retoxification. Dr. Klinghardt's protocol recommends 1/2 tsp chlorella 1/2 hour before meals, and then anywhere from 2 to 10 drops cilantro (whatever you can comfortably tolerate) at meal time (I'm using the Herb Pharm Cilantro). I'm finding the combination effective. The chlorella helps to make the detoxing process quite tolerable. The exception to this is if you start off taking too much cilantro. I got impatient and ramped up from 2 to 10 drops too quickly and paid the price for it.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Out of all the supplements this is has the most profound positive effect. I will sometimes run out and go with out this for a couple of weeks and I notice a significant decrease in energy and overall well-being.

The bottle is not well-sealed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought 4 bottle in 4 indepent orders. One bottle leaked. And I wrote to iherb with photoes, but get no further answer in 2 weeks. That's what the VIP means in iherb.

My favourite supplement for leaky gut and in general

Posted by bODYhACK3r on Feb 01, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have tried roughly 90 supplements, most from iherb, so it is ascertainable. This one is my favourite from both a theorical and empiric standpoit. Theorically, it is a superfood which can (and should!) be taken in large quantities as opposed to useless tiny placebo pills or tablets. Furthermore, numerous clinical trials attest powerful antinflammatory, Th1-enhancing and antiallergic power (lowers IgE production to casein, spirulina is apparently stronger in this regard), also antioxidant, intestine-repairing and of course nutritional value. Then, empirically, it is the thing that most has helped me with stool consistency, intestinal inflammation (leaky gut) and the resulting face eczema. Although it doesnt substitute a insanely strict diet and indulging in bad meals still gives me pain. I think it does give a greater sense of energy and wellbeing. For sure it beats things like maca which mess with your thyroid and HPA axis.

Love it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am an avid Sun Chlorella user and I never thought I would switch until my daughter told me about a more economical chlorella that does the same thing. I didn't believe her but I gave it a try and now I am on my second container.

Rich, Vibrant Chlorella; No Concerns About Radiation

Posted by wholefoods on Aug 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product as part of my combination of Spirulina/Chlorella to replace a number of multivitamin supplements. I take 20 grams of this product and 20-30 grams of Hawaiian Spirulina per day. Over the course of 3 months, I have experienced a significant improvement in my energy level, my ability to concentrate at work, my ability to recover quickly from long runs, and an overall feeling of well-being and strength. While I don't attribute any miraculous effects to this product or Spirulina, I do feel much more nourished and focused during the day. I attribute some of the effects to the large doses of high quality protein and iron found in these products, things I often felt lacking in my diet. This product in particular is of exceptionally high quality. The Chlorella is a rich shade of green, like a newly sprouted plant, and the smell and taste are very agreeable and energizing to me. I will continue to use Chlorella and Spirulina together and enjoy the added benefit of being able to clean out a closet full of multivitamins and other supplements and replace them with some of the most powerful and concentrated whole food supplements on earth. P.S. Regarding the issue of radiation from the Fukushima disaster, Yaeyama is located far south of the nuclear reactor site, closer to Taiwan than to Japan. In addition, the manufacturer of yaeyama chlorella posts radiation inspection data on their website, which you can visit by doing a google search for "yaeyama chlorella".

For IBS

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have had IBS for almost a year and this has helped very much. It is known to be a mercury dotoxifier, which is oftentimes the cause of IBS. (Heavy metal toxicity). I was taking 6 scoops in the a.m. and p.m., but am now down to 6 scoops a.m. only. ALSO, my 14 yr. old Westie gets a scoop every a.m. and loves it! If I forget to give it to her she comes and reminds me to. She has no bad odors and it's probably detoxifying her too! : )

Jarrow Yaeyama Chlorella delicious

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

We have tried several different chlorellas: none have the intense colour and taste like this one. It simply tastes healthy, not like the gray insipid other brands. We have ordered this twice. Help detox. It also has lots of protein and minerals. I wondered whether it is still safe to take as it comes from Japan: Jarrow informed me that their supply was from before the earthquake also they keep up by testing it. Millie from Canuckland

Yaeyamma quality with iherb's super price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Yaeyamma is one of the top chlorella's and very pricey. You will not find a better price on the internet!

amazing results!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2007 | Verified Purchase

If you can get past the taste for the first few days you will fall in love with it. I can't prise this product's ability to cleanse and heal.