Easy to make/microwave

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 24 2014 | Verified Purchase

1) Make sure you have a BIG bowl... I tried it the first time in a normal sized one and it boiled over the sides 2) I add already boiling water and then nuke for 5 minutes at full strength covered -- I'm in Asia with 240v so my micro might run hotter than yours.... then I let it sit for a few minutes 3) I add a dash of milk AFTER it's been cooked, this seems to really add to the texture Add fruit or other... iherb has some dried apples which I find work really well. Makes for a very filling and satisfying meal

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 17 2014 | Verified Purchase

It cooks well if you use a microwave, which I do, and tastes very nice indeed.

very tasty

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 14 2014 | Verified Purchase

Encountered those during my first order from Iherb. Up untill now we were eating oat flakes Quacker, so the oat taste is familiar. Then tried these! Good decision. Much tastier and as appeared healthier than the flakes. I add a bit of salt to a boiling water and a bit of sugar when the oats are ready. My 3 year old daughter loves it, even the 8 years old had tried and enjoyed (she doesnt eat flakes because of the "yuk" final texture, these have more solid texture). what more can I ask :) Will definately reorder. BTW the can itself doesnt have cutting edges so will use it as a crayons holder when emptied ;)

First time trying steal cut oats!

Posted by Sweetx-Shorty on May 30 2013 | Verified Purchase

I didn't even know what i was missing out... Moved progressively from instant to rolled and ultimately steel cut. And i'm staying with steel cuts. INitially quite hesitant to try this one out because of the long (30mins!!) cooking time but McCann managed to cut that by more than 20%! Now all i gotta do is to pop these babies into the microwave for less than 10minutes (not even on the stove) and i get a steaming bowl of whole hearty oats. What's not to love~

Quick, hearty and yummy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 1 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love waking up and making these steel-cut oats. They are quick and keep my energy levels strong through the morning. I actually wake up and can't wait to get this stuff on the stove. I mix in almonds/walnuts and cinnamon, then I add honey and dried fruit on top. Delicious! I wish it came in a larger can - but the size and weight is very manageable. I can't believe the price! Try it.

taste not good

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 30 2017 | Verified Purchase

Taste not good there are better choices

delicious morsels

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 6 2018 | Verified Purchase

This is great steel cut oatmeal. Took a bit longer than the recommended time, but it's worth it.

McCanns Irish Oatmeal

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 25 2018 | Verified Purchase

Best oatmeal ever, period.

Very good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 5 2018 | Verified Purchase

The only cut oatmeal I trust

great taste and texture

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 2 2017 | Verified Purchase

Best oatmeal I have found. Not gooey or slimy. Cooks in 5 minutes.

1 2 3 4