Warning! Can be toxic for small children!

Posted by reader on July 30 2014 | Verified Purchase

We've been buying and using this syrup for sometime for the whole family, including my 3 year old son. A week ago, my son drunk a few tablespoons of this syrup while my husband left him unattended in the kitchen. When I got home,my son suddenly started crying from a terrible headache, then vomited repeatedly and become pale, sleepy and weak. We rushed him to ER. By the time we got there he vomited everything that he swallowed earlier and felt better. Thank God! I am writing this to warn other parents: please watch the dosage and do not leave this accessible to small children! Also elderberries can be toxic when uncooked. My son has a lot of food allergies as well. None of us ever reacted to this product before when we took it as suggested. It seemed to help with colds and flu.

Best anti-viral out there

Posted by stinapope on May 3 2010 | Verified Purchase

I rely on this stuff to keep me clear during our current high pollen season

great product & super price

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 27 2007 | Verified Purchase

Been using Sambucol for years and find this a much better product - stronger, so you take less AND the price can't be beat! Highly recommend!

Awesome taste!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16 2008 | Verified Purchase

This extract is very pleasant to taste and already I can see a difference in health. Spring colds are going around and my daughter acquired one but I am amazed that the rest of us are all healthy and her cold is getting better quickly.

Highly recommended for anti-viral support

Posted by WildSweetVermont on August 15 2012 | Verified Purchase

I don't use Nature's Answer Sambucus (nigra) Black Elderberry extract any longer, as I have to watch all forms of sugar in my diet. Vegetable glycerine and the elderberry fruit are the only sweeteners here, not added white sugar. The taste is great, not sugary-sweet like some of the other popular brands. I will always recommend this product to others. I experienced much anti-viral benefit when I used it, and didn't have the number of sick days my coworkers experienced during flu season.

Best thing for the flu, bar none!

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 2 2010 | Verified Purchase

You can get your flu shots if you want. And good luck! But from many years of experience, I know black elderberry extract works. In our family we don't even worry about the flu as long as we have it on hand. It also cured my son of mononucleosis in a day and a half after a trip to the emergency room showed he had it through blood tests. That's a viral disease that usually takes two to three weeks, and sometimes much longer, to get over. I believe Nature's Answer is the best. Also on the plus side, this brand has no added sugar and tastes great. And, unlike drugs, it has no negative side effects.

Seems to Work

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 12 2009 | Verified Purchase

My husband & I work in different school districts. We have been taking this daily as a prophalaxis. Both districts were in the news for high rates of H1N1. Neither of us got sick. Last year he had a fever & symptoms, and was all better in about 36 hours after taking.

Based on reviews

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 24 2009 | Verified Purchase

I chose this elderberry extract. I can testify it really does work in boosting the immune system. At first sign of weakness (coughing, tired, etc) I take a tsp. in a little water 1 to 3 times a day and feel an immediate change. Will continue to keep this on hand.

Very good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 3 2018 | Verified Purchase

This is a very good product,i dont get sick with the flue. And its good on virus.

Sambucus

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 23 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is a great product its been very effective against skin rash I will buy it again