L-Tyrosine by Now Foods

Posted by sweden on Oct 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Debilitated by ME (it's like Chronic Fatigue but it starts with a bad flu-like illness), I've spent years hardly able to leave my home due to fatigue. I've tried many products for it, but none really helped much. After taking Now Foods' Super Cortisol, Fo Ti (Nature's Way Fo-Ti Root and then Paradise Herbs Fo-Ti), and Now Foods' L-Tyrosine for 2 weeks, I perked up during the day and began needing considerably less sleep at night. These products are the only changes I've made in my life. (I take the maximum dosage given on each bottle.) I can't say if it's one of these products or the combination, but my energy level has increased considerably and my foggy brain has cleared. To anyone experiencing fatigue and/or brain fog, I'd suggest reading up on each of the products I've been using, then testing with one or all. It could take longer for you than it has for me, so don't give up!

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

great brain supplement for my ADD! thank you!

Now has great products with good prices.

Posted by RhondiLynne on Oct 21, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I take this amino acid to help with depression and it also stregthens the thyroid. Ive gone off it before, and can notice a difference in my mood and energy levels, and always end up going back on it to have a better outlook and more energy.

Amazing stimulant

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Possibly one of the best supplement I've taken. I take 4 of these in the morning and quickly find my thinking faster and my memory improved. I take another 2 pills later in the afternoon. Sometimes I'll take 4 pills right before a social event to make myself outgoing and chatty. Works great! It is best to take this with a B complex for maximum absorption.

Life saver!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This was such a good find! I take 2 in the morning & 1 in the late afternoon. It took about 6 weeks to feel consistent results. So don't give up right away. I don't wake up foggy & tired anymore. Even on nights when I don't get much sleep, I still wake up with energy. I can focus & get task done. My moods are level and posotive. No replay of negative thinking. This product is truly amazing! I am so grateful I found this :-)

A Definite Keeper for ADHD/Bipolar diagnosis

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My son was taken Seroquel for years and last year we noticed that he started displaying a nervous tic. I immediately halted the Seroquel and gave him this and the Bio-Chem NAC Cysteine. Since taking it, he is calmer, more mellow and less anxious. He is actually more pleasant to be around. I'm so glad, that I researched the natural platform and preserved his behavior, where he would not be targeted because of those bothersome tics.

L-Tyrosine 500 mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Use one of these daily along with 500mg of Rhodiola, 250 mg of DMAE and 300mg of Phosphatidyl Serine for stress and brain function. It's helping for stress. Hoping after longer use, it will do even better for my brain fog.

Not hypoallergenic - suggest powder instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Sep 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The label says - 'magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and stearic acid (vegetable source)' - uh, which 'vegetable source'? Even removed from the capsule this powder with added 'vegetable source' stearic acid causes me to wheeze. Also - suggest anyone taking tyrosine for pigmentation issues look into the copper enzymes tyrosinase/catechol oxidase and avoid enzyme deactivators/chelators such as EDTA, citrates, etc in all products (including skin/hair care). Manganese is another mineral essential for pigmentation and collagen. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Great Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product was on a list of recommended products for thyroid patients in a book I read. I have found this product to be really helpful. In fact, I ran out of it and waited a while before ordering. I could tell a difference. My mind seems clearer when I'm taking this product. I'm not sure exactly what it does but it seems to help me.

Mood Enhancer / Stress relief

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

After two years of being under a lot of stress, I read in the book "Magnificent Mind At Any Age", that L-Tyrosine is highly reccomended for stress relief. WOW, it has made a huge difference in the way I feel. I wish I had known about this years ago.