upper

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 28, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product definitely lifts my spirits without the side effects of antidepressants!

Get up & go + Focus

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Augments antidepressants well & totally safely. Also really helps with my ADHD. I notice the difference when I don't take it. I recommend this to anyone with anergic depression and/or ADHD. Does not seem to increase anxiety. Recharges your dopamine reserves after amphetamine/methylphenidate use (no come-downs!!!). I'm now never without it!

im feeling great at last.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

l-tyrosine, love this product,i take it with my thyroxine which i have to take since tyroid removal it causes sleeplessness and depression which my doctor wanted to put me on antidepresents.since takeing l-tyrosine i have come out of depresion and after 3 year of not sleeping,tossing and turning all night,to mt suprise i sleep all night .my husband cant believe the change.ill be re-ordering this permananty...

Effective in combo with DL-Phenylalanine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Using Julia Ross's The Mood Cure, I decided to try this together with a 500-mg tablet of DL-Phenylalanine to (1) lift my mood, which tends to be depressive and (2) lift my energy, which is similarly low. I take it once a day with a vit C tablet and a B-complex capsule, within 5 minutes of waking up in the morning. The effect is amazing: energises both my mind and body. For me it's better than any anti-depressant or cups of black coffee, and no side effects. I wouldn't be caught without it! Note: you can take it more often but preferably not after early afternoon because the energising effect is likely to give you insomnia. Once a day seems the perfect amount for me because ironically, when I tried it twice a day, it actually made me feel tired. So more is not necessarily better, although every person needs to find the right dose for themselves.

L-Tyrosine

Posted by EirikCor on May 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My doctor prescribed me l-phenylanine to help me deal with moodswings after hard workout/tournaments. Since its cheaper for me to order it from iherb, than buy with prescription at pharmacy here, i bought both l-phenylanine and "just for fun" l-tyrosine. The l-phenylanine gave me a bad headache, while l-tyrosine somehow (and very unexpected) brought relive to the mood swings (and yes, i know it shouldnt -but it does) ..so, thumbs up L-Tyrosine.

Helps with my hair loss and moods...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Tyrosine was recommended to reduce my hair loss and it has helped! Not to mention reduces moodiness. I notice a difference when I forget to take it.

Heart Smart

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Tyrosine is great for stress. An herbalist recommended it for calming nerves. It is also great for the thyroid, depending on the issue. I feel very calm in spite of stressful situations when I use tyrosine. I-Herb always delivers fast so no complaints!

This actually works, mind blown!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've been a meth user on and off for the past 10 years, that can cause dopamine depletion. Dosages says 500mg a day, but did some research on it and it's safe to use up to 7000mg. After bumping up my dosage to 2000mg three times a day I can already feel a difference on my focus, feel more joy, more alive then ever before. Was diagnosed with ADD at the age 20, been taking ritalin also for a small period of time, but that gave me so much headache I had to stop. So after quitting drugs all together and adding this product + replacing coffee with green tea(L-theanine) has cured my depression, anxiety, poor focus and given me so much motivation! Hope this helps someone :)

swell! Energy and focus!

Posted by madamechausseurs on Jan 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Bought this for adult ADD symptoms and the resultant anxiety/lack of energy. After 2 weeks I can say I think it's working very well! I have more motivation, energy and ability to finish things I usually would forget or drop. Female 5'4" and I take 4 pills/day (2000mg). I'm less overwhelmed and discouraged too. LOVE it!

Focus...Yes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product was recommended along with 5-HTP for help with ADD symptoms of not having good focus. I am tremendously happy. It works!