Nice!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 19 2011 | Verified Purchase

i love this product! I made "chocolate" jelly and I used fat-free milk,stevia,cocoa,vanilla-extract and this agar powder and it was so good! My 3-year-old daughter also loved it! Great product!

Perfect alternative

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 14 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have only used it once, so I have not been able to test it properly. I used it for making strawberry jam and the kids where very satisfied.

Does what it says

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 2 2010 | Verified Purchase

I really wanted this to make gelatin. However using it as it says ... 2T to a pint of liquid ... made it like rubber, and was not edible. I am going to try again using much less to see if I can get it more to my liking, (Jello).

Now Foods, Agar Powder, 2 oz (57 g)

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 24 2010 | Verified Purchase

Good for making natural gelatin. I am going to try to make carrot cheese with this agar agar. I have heard it is like cheddar cheese but natural.

Good Substitute For Gelatin; However...

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 28 2017 | Verified Purchase

1 tbsp per 1 pint of fruit juice seems a bit much if you want to make a vegan jelly, though it depends on what kind of fruit juice you're using. I used at least 1 1/2 tsp for (on separate occasions) melon soy milk and milk tea; the jelly does get firmer than expected. Look up online for reference on how much agar-agar to put to the jelly you're making.

I like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 22 2010 | Verified Purchase

I think i works as well as the gelatin.

Seaweed

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 19 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product is all that claims. The company name has been around for a very long time. The price was right, too.

Not suitable for making gummies

Posted by parttimehealthyeater on October 18 2017 | Verified Purchase

I tried to use the agar powder to make red wine gummies and it turned out...they were more like jellies than gummies...and tended to melt easily if not in the fridge.

Agar Posder

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 12 2008 | Verified Purchase

I tried using this powder the very day it arrived and was greatly disappointed. The directions on the label for the dessert create a hard rubbery concoction that my husband tasted and then threw away......It's a shame because I bought 4 bottles of the stuff.

Ok