This product does not list the extract potency ratio.

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Mar 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product does not list on the label what the extract potency ratio is. This is very important information for all Milk Thistle consumers. Paradise Herbs, on the other hand, does list the potency ratio concentration. Now Foods is very good at purposely leaving out information on the label that would be helpful to consumers. More transparency and less marketing, please.

Silymarin: Doctor ordered for the liver

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I only started to take this because my doctor said "take it". It cleanses the liver of all the poisons from medication that collect in the liver. Dr also said to take it with ALA and a little vitamin C.

Hmm, not so good for detox

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I bought this as I am doing a Candida diet (no sweet substances in my diet at all, no white flour, no lactose or yeast). The diet is proving to be awfully effective as I've felt poisoned by the dying Candida. I have been feeling absolutely horrible. This product was supposed to help by beefing up the power of the liver to remove toxins. Well it hasn't really helped with the 'toxic' sensation I've been experiencing. If detox is your aim I would not recommend this product. Through some very good fortune I found reviews here for Jarrow NAC (N Acetyl Cysteine) that said it was good for detox. So far - and I've only had 2 tablets so it's early to tell - it appears to be reducing my detox symptoms in a very noticeable way. This product never helped with this.

Good value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Every Scotchman knows the value of milk thistle.If you like your single malt neat and frequent,you'd better take a good amount of milk thistle.Now seems to be a good product.

First time using Milk Thistle

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have a very sensitive system and often react unfavorably to herbs. However, after having some gallbladder problems I did a liver cleanse using another product that had a small amount of milk thistle in it. I felt really great after the cleanse and decided to get just milk thistle to help continue cleansing the liver. No adverse effects thus far and I've been using these for about three weeks.

good product

Posted by Ladygreen on May 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I don't have liver issues but taking it as preventative. One thing I noticed: if I take it before I go to the party with drinks, I do not get drunk!! It protects your liver from alcohol and does not let it into your blood. It is a great liver protector.

Your liver’s best friend!!!

Posted by My-Review-Page on Apr 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought milk thistle after hearing the news that one of the six people sickened in Loomis by death cap mushroom survived after receiving a drug derived from milk thistle. The other four who did not receive the treatment died. The University of Maryland Medical Center states that animal studies have found that milk thistle extract completely counteracts toxic effects when given within 10 minutes of consumption. It can also significantly decrease the toxic effects on the liver if given within the first 24 hours. Now I take milk thistle each time I eat mushrooms---Of course I don’t have to be sick before taking milk thistle. Milk thistle is the best single herb for liver health and detoxification.

FEELING BETTER

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My doctor wanted me to take this Extract. I feel better. It is easy on your stomach.

amazing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

after 6 months of taking this product my liver enzymeswent from 70 down to 40, yay!

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I think it's good stuff. For me it's perfect for a detox of the liver, kidney and spleen. I think a felt a detox affect of taking these capsule. Because after taking it I felt drunk....stoned....but that's normal if you have a heavy detox (I use more supplements). I started with one capsule a day the first week, now I take 2 a day, one in the morning and one in the evening...and don't feel the detox effect anymore. That was only the first 2 days.