Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I think it's good stuff. For me it's perfect for a detox of the liver, kidney and spleen. I think a felt a detox affect of taking these capsule. Because after taking it I felt drunk....stoned....but that's normal if you have a heavy detox (I use more supplements). I started with one capsule a day the first week, now I take 2 a day, one in the morning and one in the evening...and don't feel the detox effect anymore. That was only the first 2 days.

Help in detoxifying oestrogens

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I took that Sillymarin to detoxify my body from excess oestrogens. I was stuck at a certain weight and begun to loose fat again after adapting my diet to anti-oestrogenic, which Sillymarin is part of.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Love this product, only starting taking this product after 2 days i feel much much better. thank you

Taking Milk Thistle for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

All I know is my liver enzymes are completely normal. I don't know if it is the milk thistle, but I take it anytime I am exposed to toxins (xylene in new floor adhesives recently, insecticides from golf course). It changed a reg. nurse friend's Hep C blood work to negative after years of bad numbers. I am a RN and I have no idea if it works, but I think it does.

Protecting your liver function

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My mom takes a lot of medication and is taking these to protect her liver from processing all those chemicals. She says that she's been sleeping better not waking up in the middle of the night. I guess it's working somehow.

Now Foods, Silymarin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

A truly great product. Blood tests (liver enzymes) revealed its effectiveness.

Silymarin and blood sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

There is some evidence about blood sugar lowering effects of Silymarin. I am trying now with this product.

Liver Enzymes getting lower

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My husband had extremely high liver enzymes since he was originally tested in 7/2009. Since taking this along with Liver Care (formerly Liv.52)his liver enzymes have come down approximately 53%. I'm not sure what is making the liver enzymes come down but my guess it is one of these 2 things.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

We have been taking Milk Thistle as a supplement for a year or so, as a preventative medicine. The addition of Artichoke, and Dandelion Root is an added bonus. Easy to digest. We made the switch!

One of the things I use to bring my liver enzyme gammaGT down, works well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Although I am not a fan of herbalism through the centuries, milk thistle seems to work well on my liver. Highly recommended