Good results

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I take this with a prescribed thyroid medicine and the Thyroid Energy is working better than the prescription medicine.

RP

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking perscription thyroid (synthroid)for over 30 years. After a visit to the Dr office to get the annual blood work done in order to get my perscription renewed (thats remained the same mg all these years)and being charged $147 for the office visit not including the lab work and NOT seeing the Dr, just the PA who did nothing more than ask me "how are you feeling" I was determined to find an alternative to the synthroid. After careful and in depth research I ordered Thyroid Energy and Kelp, 150 mcg. I started on a regiment of 2 T Energy and 4 Kelp each morning on an empty stomach and after 1 month I have lost several pounds, have more energy and feel better than I have in years. And the added plus is the $$$$$$$ saving on Dr bills,lab bills and meds.

Bad stomach pains after taking supplements

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I, like several others here, have experienced extremely painful stomach cramps and nausea after taking these. Be warned about this possible side effect!

This works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I wanted to take the natural approach. I have been taking this for about 7 months and just went to see the doctor for a follow up. My thyroid is in balance now and I didn't have to be on a synthetic medication. I recommend this to all who have this problem.

Makes me very ill

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately I cannot evaluate the effectiveness of this product as it makes me very ill. Like clockwork, an hour after I take the pills, I get extremely sick to my stomach. I've tried different times of day, with or without food, etc. Nothing works. So unfortunately this was a waste for me.

A Godsend

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I noticed an increase in energy immediately. My period cramps, and bloating, and irritability have diminished tremendously. I noticed that things that made me extra emotional around "that time of the month" didn't effect me the same. I was very calm and more even tempered. I lost some excess bulge in the belly area (without working out). The goiter on my neck has gone down and I've only been using this product less than 8 weeks. I LOVE it. Be mindful not to take it on an empty stomach "eventhough that's what it says to do" because it will upset your stomach. I didn't think it would happen to me because I don't have a weak stomach but it did.

thyroid energy makes a difference

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was told that I would have to take thyroid medicine all of my life. Leg cramps and lack of sleep made me wonder. I have used this product for months now and feel the difference. Get your thyroid to work for you. Better than replacing hormones get your own to work.

Way too much L Tyrosine!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product gave me anxiety and kept me awake all night. It would be the perfect formula if they did not put in such a high dosage of L Tyrosine (1000 mg). You should never exceed 350 mg and the suggested dosage is two capsules twice a day! No wonder everyone in the reviews were talking about energy! That is not natural or healthy energy. I think it is energy to the point of being uncomfortable. I would take it if they lowered the level of L Tyrosine.

Amazing!

Posted by AyahsHope on Apr 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have had Hashimoto's Thyroiditus for 24 years. This stuff WORKS! I have much more energy.

HYPOTHYROID

Posted by Kyriaki on Jan 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This supplement is much like prescription medication. It's potent and it works but it comes with side-effects and be prepared to accept it when your body builds up tolerance towards it. I started taking it about 3 years ago. The advantages: the hair sprouted on my head, i was more tolerant to cold, I was able to eat like everybody else and lost weight in the process!, my feet stopped hurting, my wrist stopped hurting. The disadvantages were/are: inner swelling in throat (sometimes the feeling of fullness is so much you feel your wind pipe might close); your body odour will change -especially your head- you'll smell like the capsules do; severe night sweats, some sleep disturbance, heart flutterings/palpitations, increase in appetite. In the second year I noticed i had built up a tolerance and that my new (normal) eating habits had to be reverted as i was gaining back the weight i'd lost. The problem here is that these supplements will get your metabolism working faster but they will also increase your appetite. I also noticed that my wrist was having bad days. I decided to stop taking these. After about 2 weeks i noticed tinnitus (ringing in ears) i had never had this symptom of HYPO before, i also noticed how tired i became again and my feet and wrist were killing me. I started taking these again. In conclusion, i cannot go without them because they relieve many symptoms of hypothyroid but 2 caps a day aren't enough anymore and there is no weight loss anymore. I fight the increase in appetite and bear with the smell because tinnitus and cramped feet and no energy are just too much. I worry that my hypo condition got worse and hope that they worked so well that i forgot how bad i was. Do not take these if you do not have a thyroid issue as they might induce one.