probably the right dose

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Folate has been recommended to help in depression and may have a calming effect. There is a prescription form of Metafolin called Deplin which comes in 8 milligrams (or 8000 micrograms), but there is a disclaimer that Metafolin may aid in the growth of tumors/cancer, especially in the GI tract (which makes sense because Metafolin is used in DNA synthesis and rapidly dividing cells need to make DNA). Note it won't cause cancer, but it may aid in the growth/spread of a tumor if it is there. Also if you are going through or recently went through cancer treatment, don't take folate supplements. Anyways, if you want to see if Metafolin may help your symptoms, this could be a good starting dose with less risk. You can even start with a half a tablet or the 400 mcg dose.

good stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

You can melt tablets in your mouth. Sweet taste. Same as prescription food.

The stuff you are looking for

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Two forms folic acid (vitamin B9) are used in supplements: the synthetic folic acid and folate (the naturally occurring form). What you are looking for is folate. The synthetically produced folic acid has to be reduced in four metabolic steps for the body to use it. Furthermore, one cannot be one hundred percent sure that all the folic acid will be converted, which may mean that some unmetabolised folic acid remains in the body. The long-term effects of any such unmetabolised folate acid are unknown. Folate (as metafolin),the naturally occurring form, can be used directly by the body. An adequate intake of folates is essential for the prevention of many disorders including anaemia, neural tube defects, various forms of cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer's disease, colon cancer and depression.

doctor recommended

Posted by francesjoan on Nov 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Thank you for the metafolin. This bioactive folic acid is needed because many people can't convert it to the body ready form. I have low ferritin and my doctor recommended metafolin and ferrous succinate. I'll retest ferritin levels in a few months and let you know if it works. Metafolin is hard to find on other websites. The only one I found cost almost twice as much. Again many thanks for your great prices.

Best Folic Acid Available

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

If you have a MTHFR mutation than you need metafolin. I'm glad I can get it at iHerb because I love them.

This is what you should buy.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Do not buy Folic Acid; it is a synthetic; gives you strange molecules in your body. The entire story from the FDA and from the medical industrial complex is a cruel hoax perpetrated on the American public to make us believe that the folic acid sold in the stores is a natural product; it is not. Instead you should buy L-methylfolate, which is this product, called metafolin, which is a natural product. Do not believe your doctor who recommends that you swallow folic acid. It is surprising to me that there are not more manufacturers who will sell L-methylfolate.

Works well in my case

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Tipped off to this product by a mental health practitioner. It works for me - better than St. John's Wort.

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

first time purchased, does seem to help with overall well-being and memory function

Posted by MyPersonalReview on Jan 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I gave it to a friend of mine whom have been trying to have baby for more than 5 years and within months, she thanks me with the news of her being pregnant. But do note according to the literature studies I have read, it has to be taken at quite high dose of at least 5 MG which she did.Gave it to my Girlfried whom having thinning hair. I had tried NOW Biotin alone but it only helps to grow help at a faster time though Maxihair speed it faster than just using Now Biotin alone. And with this Added-on, It is a Best Combo to the MAX. Do click my username NOW!!!!!! and view my page in Iherb NOW!!!! to see ALL the reviews I have written of those purchased products I ordered in Iherb. ( It may takes days to months before I write the review as I need to try them thoroughly ensuring the preciseness and accurate experience taking in comparison to the thousands of page of research papers I have read which is the main reason leading me to buy the product from Iherb because simply, I want to contribute myself in this humanity world. ======================================================================================================= Click my nick ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks! ======================================================================================================= iHerb.com has become my favorite place to shop supplements, and I'm not alone, because iHerb has been named #1 online supplement store by ConsumerLab.com the last 6 years in a row! I've been using them for quite some time, and there have never been any problems whatsoever. For customers from outside USA (like me) I recommend the delivery option "Global Priority Mail by DHL". It is incredibly cheap at just 4$, and I always receive the goods here within 6-8 days. Please also note that chances are high that you will NOT pay any additional custom duties and taxes, when "Global Priority Mail by DHL" is used. ======================================================================================================= I spend a lot of time writing reviews, so if you found this one helpful, please let me know by clicking the “helpful”-button below the review. Also please click my nick ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks!

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I believe that since combining 6 tablets a day (2morning, 2lunch and 2dinner) along with 1 Natural Factors B12 5000mg dissolved under the tongue. Greatly has improved my all round health and proof is in the energy levels and gains I have experienced. Obviously see your doctor for your dosage as everyones levels a re different and will require different dosages.