Page 1 - Reviews - Bob's Red Mill, Paleo Baking Flour, Grain Free, 32 oz (907 g) - iHerb
US

Posted on Mar 28, 2022

I am trying to eat low-FODMAP so usually buy gluten-free products as they won't contain wheat. While not on a paleo diet, I also want to eat high-protein. I have used this successfully to replace flour in "normal" recipes and "gluten-free all-purpose flour" in gluten-free recipes. For me, I can't eat large servings of what I make with this as it does include a lot of almond flour, but a small serving can still be low-FODMAP and doesn't bother me. I have also tried both of the recipes on the back of this bag--pancakes and pizza crust, and both tasted delicious! (Tip: the pizza crust has to be rolled out really thin or else it takes much longer to bake.) The only recipe it hasn't worked well in is a white sauce as a thickener--it didn't really thicken at all, so since then I've been using potato starch for that. But in baked goods it is fabulous!

Posted on Jun 24, 2022

I love the pancake recipe on the back of this bag and make it often. I have also made the pizza crust, also fantastic! One thing to be aware of if using it in place of flour is that depending on the recipe you might need xantham gum, as this mix doesn't contain it. It is mostly almond flour, so as I am on a low-FODMAP diet I always only eat a little at once of whatever I make, but it sure is delicious! Next I want to try the muffin recipe.

Posted on Mar 24, 2022

I tried some paleo flours and I think this is my favourite. I pair this with olive oil and coconut oil buttery kind. It's good for my paleo diet since it helps to stay on track (some days it's difficult to not eat grain!!). I used this to do the flat bread recipe, you can find that on the package. Pay attention to the frequency you eat this though: it's made of almond so keep track of the omegas 6 and balance them with the 9.

Posted on Sep 27, 2021

good for baking gluten free cake and it is healthier for people on paleo diet. bobs mills carry other ranges as well. and currently i am using this. =)

Posted on Aug 17, 2021

I bought this to use for baking, but I'm not so keen on the coconut-ish taste in my breads (my husband likes it). I might try 1/2 Paleo and 1/2 regular flour next time. I have used this for breading on chicken before a pan fry, and oddly, we I didn't taste any coconut flavor. It also got nice and crispy like we like it! I used a 1/2 & 1/2 mixture of Paleo & cornmeal for pan fried seafood & that was really good. I tried the pizza dough recipe on the back of the package, and maybe I did something wrong but it was not edible. I'll continue buying this and trying it with different things.

Posted on Apr 22, 2022

Red mill quality is the best. Flour good for keto preparation, I use to mix it with coconut flour and flaxseed flour to give it more fiber! Taste very good and the big pack lasts long, right size! They could adjust the composition adding fiber.....

Posted on Feb 9, 2022

I use it in my gluten free baking. Super healthy flour and it has a great taste. It tastes like a cake. I think it is best to use it in cakes and desserts.

Posted on Dec 9, 2021

Great product! Love to use it in many Keto recipes. I recommend it for anyone who would prefer to be on paleo or keto diet.

Posted on Dec 1, 2021

good baking result. high quality ingredients. highest amount of almond flour which is the most expensive ingredient. highly recommended. has small amount of sugar, which is just great because flavor is a matter of taste and you can always add dry fruit or honey.

Posted on Oct 25, 2021

This paleo flour works great for a variety of baking options. Ives make pancakes and cake and they both turned out great! Will buy again!