Page 1 - Reviews - Bob's Red Mill, TVP, Textured Vegetable Protein, 12 oz (340 g) - iHerb
US
Posted on Nov 13, 2021

I wish I’d known about this stuff before! I’ve been using it to make my own impossible burgers and so far they have been amazing in texture and flavor! I could also use this to make my own vegan chili, meatballs or sausage, the possibilities are endless! A little goes a long way because they double in size as they are rehydrated. The ingredients are simple and easy to work with. The taste will be like whatever you season it with, I let them soak in broth. The quality, packaging and benefits are wonderful and I can’t wait to use it in more recipes!

Posted on Apr 18, 2022

This was my very first time to try plant based product! When I opened the package of the product, it had a strong smell, so I was kinda worried if it would go well…I cooked larp (Thai cuisine) with this and it went well! So delicious! No smell as I smelled earlier. The texture is like actual meat. Easy to use! good taste and quality!

Posted on Dec 24, 2021

I do not like meat or poultry. I only like fish and eggs. Looking for good protein source I've found this product. I had tried few brands with no good results. Now I gave this one a try with no expectation but...this is truly a winner. I've soaked it in fresh boiled water with spices added add some dried onions. It turned out really good...wanted to eat it all like this. Used into a nice spinach casserole and it was great. Attached a picture that shows how it turned out after soaking. Prepared it 1:1 quantities.

Posted on Jan 3, 2022

I bought this to make meatless burgers and it works well enough. The meat eaters in my family proclaimed it tasted like a meat hamburger with some undefined type of meat. Used on its own the texture is like minced meat. It's simple to prepare by just adding hot water.

Posted on Nov 10, 2021

I can't find this anywhere in my grocery stores, but luckily found it here. I add boiling water, the TVP swells up and absorbs the water, then I usually put in a large skillet to brown it in a little olive oil, and add herbs and seasonings. I use it for tacos, spaghetti sauce with meat, casseroles, and anything else that would normally call for ground beef. I had been a vegetarian since I was a child, I went back to eating meat as an adult, but was feeling sick and heavy, so I am back to being vegetarian again. I lost so much weight without even trying and am feeling so much better. Bob's Red Mill TVP also comes in chunks, which is great for stews. I tried the frozen meatless "crumbles" and other frozen meatless products, but this is better because you can make as much or as little as needed, you can add whatever herbs/seasonings you want, and it has a long pantry shelf life.

Posted on Aug 24, 2021

This TVP works great in protein balls as both a source of protein and a binding agent. It helps to hold the protein balls together. Also works with baking - just let it sit for a couple of hours mixed with the other ingredients and then bake. The TVP takes on the flavour of whatever it is mixed with so, e.g. brownies still taste like brownies, but with a higher protein content.

Posted on Aug 3, 2021

I love it very much!! High protein and low prices, how amazing it is! If you are hesitated about buying it, I can tell you conveniently that it is worthy! You can totally replace bread crumbs with TVP when making fried chickens. Trust me, it is more healthier and crunchier!

Posted on Jul 26, 2021

Great replacement for ground beef in well seasoned meals such as chili. Far less expensive and less salty than refrigerated veggie ground beef alternatives. We also add it to dehydrated camping meals to increase amount made by 50% , to decrease the sodium in these meals and to decrease cost of these expensive meals. Highly recommended, especially if you are vegetarian!

Posted on Jul 19, 2021

I have used these for many things. This time, I made vegan sausage crumbles for a gravy and also used these for my "meat" sauce that went on a vegan version of the famous Rochester garbage plate.

Posted on Jun 16, 2022

It doesn't taste any different than the other brands I've tried but contains cleaner ingredients/better nutritional value which I appreciate. Well worth the price as little goes a long way. No funky soy taste, especially when I've soaked it in water for 15 min and rinsed it out. Great in pasta sauces, tacos, and anything in between.