Page 1 - Reviews - Jovial, Organic Grain Free Pasta, Cassava Fusilli, 8 oz (227 g) - iHerb
US
Posted on Apr 4, 2022

Really yummy, mich better than rice flour ones especially if you want to avoid grains! Consistency is great! Flavour is distinct but I like it! You can flavour the water before boiling to add some more flavour as they are a little bland but otherwise similar to wholegrain pasta in my opinion.

Posted on Jun 7, 2022

perfect quality product with just one ingredient love that I can use this pasta when I am feeling like I need a tummy warming treat just add some pesto and tuna and you have a healthy dinner option the taste and texture is great I won't be eating traditional pasta ever again

Posted on May 18, 2022

I'm so grateful to have a grain free pasta option and the taste of these is pretty good I reckon. Thesy are quite robust in texture so you need to make sure, as with all pasta, there is enough water and the pasta is stirred whilst cooking on the stove top so they're cooked properly. I have used cooked cassava fusilli in dishes that have been baked in the oven after and it stands up beautifully to a second cooking.

Posted on Apr 8, 2022

I was expecting this pasta to be heavy or sticky and it is neither. Cooks and tastes like regular pasta, I substituted it and no one actually noticed the difference! I love that it is free from priority allergens like soy and gluten and I would definitely recommend this to anyone with allergies/intolerances or anyone just wanting to switch up their pasta.

Posted on Mar 10, 2022

I was so impressed by this grain free pasta! It really has a good texture and taste. my bf follows AIP so its cool there's a pasta we can both enjoy! only two ingredients too. I cooked this slightly shorter than recommended so that it didnt get too soft which i've experienced with other gluten free pasta. super tasty!

Posted on Dec 19, 2021

Love this pasta. Shame it has gone up a dollar a box since last year! I buy in bulk whenever there is a sale. I follow the AIP diet which is grain free. This pasta tastes very much like the real thing. It does get soggy if you overlook - it’s best to undercook and check regular. I normally cook it around 9 minutes. It turns to mush as reheated leftovers so I only cook what I will eat that night.

Posted on Dec 9, 2021

The pasta does not taste like the wheat pasta and the texture is a little starchy and mushy, but that does not mean that you can’t add them into a tasty sauce and enjoy it if you, like myself, do not tolerate gluten. Fusilli holds the sauce quite well, so they are my favorite shape to use with rich and flavorful pasta sauces. I prefer the pasta made from pulses (chickpeas or lentils) instead of starchy vegetables or grains, but it is nice to have options, especially with such clean ingredients. Overall, the quality is great. The quantity is enough for about two meals for two, or two meals for one person who eats large servings.

Posted on May 28, 2022

On the one hand, it's compliant with the diet I've been trying so I was happy with that. I've tried pea and lentil pastas and this is sadly somewhat worse. It's not awful, especially when coupled with a tasty sauce. However, the texture - it just lacked the chewiness you'd usually get with pasta and there was an almost powdery feel in the mouth which I didn't love. I've still given it 4 stars though, because it's still an edible grain free pasta alternative.

Posted on Nov 27, 2021

Love this - just a shame about the price! Nice texture, albeit its never just the same as the 'real thing' - but near enough! BUT why are gluten-free so expensive - are we really to believe these companies actually pay that much for raw ingredients? I would rate this 5 stars if it just was more affordable!

Posted on May 4, 2022

I love this so much although it easily turns into porridge when overcooked Cassava has lower GI than brown rice Definitely recommend this for pasta alternatives