Page 1 - Reviews - Rishi Tea, Ceremonial Matcha, 1.05 oz (30 g) - iHerb
US
Posted on Jun 9, 2022

This is my first ceremonial, It has a slightly peculiar smell, has no bitter taste, fairly mild flavor, i’m loving it. The best ceremonial matcha with low price. For that price, it’s good quality. The ingredients are only organic green tea from japan, what i like the most is the vibrant green, the smooth taste, and the scent is wonderful.

Posted on Jun 7, 2022

I’ve been on the hunt for a good matcha that didn’t bag the bank. I use liquid jade from Tao of Teas for matcha lattes, but that’s not good for a straight matcha. Everything else that I drink is 20-25$ for a little tin. But this is cheap at around 14 and tasted quality, enjoyable to drink with no milk or sweetener. A good daily matcha.

Posted on Apr 3, 2022

This matcha is really good tasting and most importantly very affordable. Although, I find that you always need to sift it because it’s doesn’t dissolve well and forms clumps. More on, the color isn’t the brightest green which if you drink matcha on a regular you know the brighter the green the better. So overall, I wouldn’t repurchase as I can afford higher quality matcha but if your on a tighter budget I’d give this a try.

Posted on Feb 18, 2022

Love this ceremonial matcha: it is a vibrant green with a smooth taste. I have recently got into matcha and I have been experimenting with different options. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I wish Rishi offered this in a larger canister. I like to add honey and mix with oat milk over ice. Please keep this in stock! ^.^

Posted on Jan 22, 2022

I’m relatively new to making my own matcha at home. I don’t have a bamboo whisk but I use an electric whisk and it foams up just fine. The flavor of this matcha is perfectly balanced and isn’t bitter like general use matcha typically is. Ceremonial grade is worth the extra few dollars :)

Posted on Jan 18, 2022

I love matcha tea, it gives me an amazing energy with no the side effects of coffee, very relaxed for the huge amount of the amminoacid theanine, I got it with a good deal and it has a very bright colour, that is an indicator of high quality and richness in antioxidants, I love mixing it with coconut milk and whey powder for a ketogenic boost:-P

Posted on Jan 16, 2022

This is the BEST ceremonial matcha on iHerb in terms of quality and value for money! Lush green matcha, earthy grassy smell, rich, smooth and sweet taste. No bitterness. My absolute top of the list matcha. Comes in a metal tin with matcha in a foil bag inside. A little messy getting matcha out of bag. Perfect to consume on its own.

Posted on Jun 16, 2022

I expected this to tastes better than any matcha I’ve ever tasted. (I have experienced with culinary grades till premium ones) I’m now mostly enjoying the premium grade as they have their ultimate flavor strength and value for money. I was surprised that this 28g ceremonial grade comes at this price! But after testing it (with milk specifically), it doesn’t satisfy how strong I like my matcha to be, even though I use 2 full teaspoons of this powdered matcha (double the amount). Another thing I noticed about this matcha is that it doesn’t fully blend in, I mean you have to mix it up every now and then because the matcha will get concentrated at the bottom, (which is something I haven’t experienced with another premium brand). Look, I’m a picky person about my matcha. I like it strong and full of flavor. But this one is actually satisfactory 75% for me, which overall is excellent compared to its value. Its drawbacks aren’t as bad as it will make you hate it. But I will be 100% honest with you. It’s rich green, smells so fresh, get foamy as you mix it up, tastes like a dream not bitter at all. But not as strong as I’m used to. But compared to its price, I will give it 5 stars. At the end of the day it’s a good matcha with a good price. The pictures below are made with this brand’s matcha. If you found this helpful, please thumbs up as it would make me super happy.

Posted on Mar 27, 2022

I have tried many moderately priced matcha tea brands but this Ceremonial Matcha from Rishi Tea is the best tasting one by far . It is smooth with no bitterness or fishy odor . Makes a great tasting latte !

Posted on May 20, 2022

this is my first time trying ceremonial matcha so I'm not an expert on it, but as a first time I'm quite satisfied with the quality. The colour is bright green, and the taste is great, i used water only to drink it so i could taste the full flavor of the matcha. it definitely has some bitterness but it's manageable.