PEAKfresh USA, Produce Bags, Reusable, 10 - 12" x 16" Bags, with Twist Ties
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Keeps Fruit and Vegetables Fresher - Longer
- The Bags that Produce Shippers Use Worldwide
- Certified Organic
PEAKfreshUSA produce bags slow down the natural aging process of fruit and vegetables, preserving both the freshness and the life of your produce.
How PEAKfresh produce bags work
- PEAKfresh produce bags remove ethylene gas to prolong the life and freshness of the produce. Most fruit and vegetables release ethylene gas after harvest. Exposure to the gas accelerates aging in fruit and vegetables.
- Unlike ordinary plastic bags, PEAKfresh produce bags 'breathe' so that damaging gases produced by the fresh produce are removed.
- PEAKfresh produce bags minimize moisture formation and inhibit bacteria growth.
- Maintains fruit and vegetables at their peak.
How to use PEAKfresh produce bags
- Pre-cool warm fruit and vegetables in refrigerator before storing in bag.
- Use a separate bag for each type of produce.
- Produce to be stored should be fresh, dry and undamaged.
- Expel air from the bag and close using the enclosed ties and store in refrigerator.
Note: Wash and dry bag thoroughly before re-use. Bags can be re-used for up to two months.
Fruit and Vegetables suitable for storage in PEAKfresh produce bags
Asparagus, avocados, baby-spinach, beans, beetroot, bok-choy, broccoli, brussels sprouts, button squash, cabbage, capsicum, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chinese cabbage, cucumber, egg-plant, green-onions, lettuce, mesculin, mushrooms*, parsnips, parsley, peas, radish, silver beet, snow peas, spinach, sweetcorn, spring onions, tomato, zucchini and many more
Apples, apricots, berries, bananas (green), cherries, grapes, grapefruit, kiwi fruit, lemons, mandarins, mangoes, nectarine, oranges, papayas, passionfruit, peaches, pears, persimmons, plums, stone fruit, strawberries and many more
*Mushrooms are best stored in a paper bag and then PEAKfresh produce bag for added freshness.
These are the best in keeping your produce fresh. Make sure the produce is chilled and dry before bagging. Also squeeze out all the air before tying off. Start from the bottom of the bag and move to the top. The bottom tends to get a hole if you aren't careful. I used to another brand, but I have using these for the past 4 years.
I love these bags. They make fruit and vegetables last so much longer. I have a bunch of kale in my refrigerator and it is still fresh and bright green after two weeks. These bags save you money as there is no waste. I no longer have to throw stuff out.
Never bee without
Posted by 4788236534652067142 on Oct 09, 2016
I have had PEAKfresh bags for years, but needed some more, they are fantastic at keeping your veg and fruit very fresh, I would not be without them whatsoever.
Really Work and Amazing
Posted by 5426366894757450959 on Sep 04, 2016
The bag is work, it can keep vegetable and fruit fresh longer than keep in ordinary plastic bag. Moreover, the quality of the bag is very tough, it can be reused, very economic. I bought one pack for my mum and she also find it work. Now all of our produce are stored in this bag.
Does what it says
Posted by 5594559758215691014 on Jun 25, 2016
I really like this product. Right now I have strawberries in one and they have lasted much longer than they would have if they were in their regular container. Have also used for salad products and I am very satisfied
Saves food from Singapore's humidity from rotting too quickly
Posted by YoungerNextYear on Jun 18, 2016
I live in Singapore. It's hot and humid. Every time the fridge door is open, the humidity clashes with the cold air and causes EXTREME moisture in the fridge - more so than drier climates. I have tried a lot of strategies over the years to keep the excess moisture off my veggies like wrapping them in kitchen towel (paper towel) or physically wiping the veggies dry. I found that this product helps the food stay fresher. I agree with other customer comments about ensuring the air is out of the bag first. Just squeeze the air out as much as possible. Definitely recommend this product. If you found my review helpful, PLEASE click "YES" button. Thank you :)