PEAKfresh USA, Produce Bags, Reusable, 10 - 12" x 16" Bags, with Twist Ties114 Reviews
Shipping Weight: 0.24 lbs (0.11 kg)
- Product Code: PEA-00200
- UPC Code: 892453002003
- Package Quantity:
- Dimensions: 0.8 x 6.6 x 4.5 in, 0.2 lbs (0.09 kg)
- Keeps Fruit and Vegetables Fresher - Longer
- The Bags that Produce Shippers Use Worldwide
- Certified Organic
PEAKfreshUSA produce bags slow down the natural aging process of fruit and vegetables, preserving both the freshness and the life of your produce.
How PEAKfresh produce bags work
- PEAKfresh produce bags remove ethylene gas to prolong the life and freshness of the produce. Most fruit and vegetables release ethylene gas after harvest. Exposure to the gas accelerates aging in fruit and vegetables.
- Unlike ordinary plastic bags, PEAKfresh produce bags 'breathe' so that damaging gases produced by the fresh produce are removed.
- PEAKfresh produce bags minimize moisture formation and inhibit bacteria growth.
- Maintains fruit and vegetables at their peak.
How to use PEAKfresh produce bags
- Pre-cool warm fruit and vegetables in refrigerator before storing in bag.
- Use a separate bag for each type of produce.
- Produce to be stored should be fresh, dry and undamaged.
- Expel air from the bag and close using the enclosed ties and store in refrigerator.
Note: Wash and dry bag thoroughly before re-use. Bags can be re-used for up to two months.
Fruit and Vegetables suitable for storage in PEAKfresh produce bags
Asparagus, avocados, baby-spinach, beans, beetroot, bok-choy, broccoli, brussels sprouts, button squash, cabbage, capsicum, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chinese cabbage, cucumber, egg-plant, green-onions, lettuce, mesculin, mushrooms*, parsnips, parsley, peas, radish, silver beet, snow peas, spinach, sweetcorn, spring onions, tomato, zucchini and many more
Apples, apricots, berries, bananas (green), cherries, grapes, grapefruit, kiwi fruit, lemons, mandarins, mangoes, nectarine, oranges, papayas, passionfruit, peaches, pears, persimmons, plums, stone fruit, strawberries and many more
*Mushrooms are best stored in a paper bag and then PEAKfresh produce bag for added freshness.
iHerb Customer Reviews
These are the best in keeping your produce fresh. Make sure the produce is chilled and dry before bagging. Also squeeze out all the air before tying off. Start from the bottom of the bag and move to the top. The bottom tends to get a hole if you aren't careful. I used to another brand, but I have using these for the past 4 years.