A Truly Hypoallergenic Sunscreen

Posted by Reviewer3248628 on Jul 24, 2007

My 5 year old daughter has been allergic to basically every sunscreen I've tried until we discovered Alba Botanica Chemical Free/Mineral Sunscreen and now Fragrance Free Sunscreen. Although I prefer the titanium dioxide as the only active ingredient in the chemical free one, the fragrance free one is water resistant. The fragrance free one also applies much more smoothly and has no fragrance as described. The only drawback is that it only comes in spf 15. I tried the Kid's Sunscreen which has an spf of 30 and is water resistant, but my daughter developed an allergic reaction to it.

Great Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin

Posted by Reviewer3083138 on Jul 18, 2010

I have been breaking out all over my arms due to my Neutrogena sunscreen. I've never had issues with sunscreens before but I'm sure I'm allergic to those nasty chemicals. The rashes I got were terrible and stayed on me for such a long time that I really wanted to stop using sunscreen! But I know that's not very smart so I knew I could find a better one on Iherb. I got this on Saturday and applied it on that day because I was going to be out in the sun for several hours. I love the formula! It is not sticky or greasy whatsoever and soaks up really well. All in all, it's a great product and it hasn't given me a rash so I'll keep buying this! And as always, fast shipping by Iherb!

A-PLUS

Posted by Reviewer1811200 on Mar 30, 2009

Lovely texture and fragrance, goes on like a body lotion-no white cast.

Very good sunblock

Posted by Reviewer1479595 on May 09, 2011

Not oily, and with no perfumy scent. Helps good skin texture. Is fine under foundation and powder. I have very sun sensitive skin and this sunblock really seems to help. I still have to keep out of the sun but this sunblock is great because total avoidance of sun is impossible.

Good

Posted by greenisthenewblack on Aug 02, 2011

Good protection, but it is a tad on the dry/waxy side - it needs to be warm before it is easy to rub in. But when it is it works great. Unfortunately it doesn't last very long (and I don't even use as much sunscreen as I should do). Also it contains chemical sun filters which I don't want absorbed into my skin and body. I will however finish the tube and reorder until I find a good alternative.

i`m glad i find it

Posted by Reviewer1251088 on Apr 22, 2011

I needed something instead my favorite - an discontinued - sunscreen, I decided to try it and I am very pleased. It can`t be seen on my face, it protects my skin and doesn`t cause me any troubles. I put it on and don`t feel it. Thank you, iHerb!

Best quality sunscreen!

Posted by Reviewer1748809 on Jun 20, 2008

This tube of sunscreen was just the perfect amount for my husband & me to use for a week in Cabo San Lucas, MX. It provided the perfect amount of sun protection and moisturizer. I would definately buy this product again.

From Sunny Texas

Posted by Reviewer1082005 on Jul 10, 2008

If you prefer not to have sun block that interferes with the scent of your perfume or body lotion, you'll like this sunscreen. I can use it under make up too! I've used other alba sunscreen that is so sweet and strong smelling that it makes me sneeze! For me Fragrance Free is the way to go!

Love it

Posted by Reviewer1311352 on Jul 30, 2014

I really love this sunscreen. I wish it had fragrence, I dodn't mind that at all, but besides that it absorbes well and I feel it protects as it should. Love that it doesn't give a white residue, but still has good ingrediens.

nothing natural about it

Posted by Reviewer1914997 on Oct 25, 2013

I was fooled by the marketing. The ingredients are harmful. I'll read more carefully next time. It's going in the rubbish.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »